Livelihoods Area Coordinator
We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Livelihoods Area Coordinator.
Who are we?
DRC has been working in the MENA region since 2003 and is currently one of the few international organizations registered and operating legally in the countries of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Jordan. Since 2013, DRC has been operating as the largest INGO responding to the Syrian crisis in Syria and Lebanon and has assisted over 1 million refugees and IDPs a year. DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008, mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries through 6 Community Centers.
About the job
The overall objective of this job is to operationalise DRC Syria’s Livelihoods strategy in DRC’s Area of Intervention focusing on more than one project/donor and more than one partnership.
Frequent travel to Homs, Hama and Daraa is required (area of coverage subject to change).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute field knowledge and experience to Livelihoods strategy development process, follow the strategy and communicate to field staff
- Contribute inputs to proposal development process
- Contribute to Grants realignments and to preparation for regular grant review meetings
- Understand donor requirements and apply within activity implementation, including communication to field staff
- Develop, update work/implementation plan for allocated targets and implement workplans in close liaison with field team members
- Consolidate reporting inputs; communicate systematic reporting schedule to field staff
- Provide timely input as needed, elicit field input as needed
- Consolidate, adhere to, and regularly update spending plans/ forecasts, and procurement plans; alert PM when deviating from plan
- Understand targets and communicate to field staff; timely communication with PM when deviating from agreed targets (+/-)
- Conduct and feedback on field visits on timely and regular basis
- Implement monitoring system and tools, including regular update of Results Trackers
- Contribute to LLH SOPs development, communicate to field staff, and ensure adherence to them
- Understand evaluation objectives and communicate to field staff/ activities/ beneficiaries which/who may be evaluated
- Ensure documentation is up to date and systematically organised to enable access by evaluators
- Document lessons learned at project junctures
- Manage field staff and provide feedback on regular basis, task admin assistant
- Deputize for, as required, cooperation/liaison with: coordination fora; RCM; donors; INGOs and LNGOs; Ministry partners
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or similar relevant education.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
- Minimum two years of experience with NGO in related activities/projects in Syria.
- Minimum one year experience in coordinating Livelihoods activities in a position of senior responsibility.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic.
- Very good spoken and written English.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality is a definite pre-requisite
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with flexibility and respect for all team members
- Fluent spoken and written English.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff for the Coordinator level.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to https://drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies, search for this vacancy and click on "Apply for position". All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV in the same language as the vacancy note. Applications close on the 7th of June 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Level not specified
- Closing Date: 2017-06-07