Senior Director, Global Procurement
New York City
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 32 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
This person defines the vision and leadership strategy for procurement at IRC. In collaboration with stakeholders across IRC, this person leads a team that develops global guidance, oversees procurement related to all global suppliers, and ensures IRC is compliant with donor requirements. In addition, working closely with IRC stakeholders and other functional groups on fraud prevention, this person ensure IRC policies and processes are applied across IRC and will work with key groups to assess needs and prioritize accordingly. Support IRC’s 2020 Vision by assuring supply through developing supplier relationships, establishing agreements with global suppliers and ensuring this is done effectively in all IRC procurement activities.
- Develop a team that produces advanced data analytics, cost modeling, and TCO analysis in support of performance improvement, sourcing and negotiating strategies
- Develop globally applicable policies and processes to support decentralized supply chain activities, and ensure they’re understood and applied effectively
Implement and lead Sourcing Category Management across the categories of pharmaceuticals/health, finance, indirect, equipment, leasing and construction
- Develop cost-savings targets and savings strategies as a program across IRC
- Be hands-on regarding sourcing including RFX, negotiations and contracting to put in place the right suppliers
- Ensure that every supplier relationship is set up for future continuous improvement of cost down and lead the measurement and review process that ensures delivery of ongoing improvement
- The complexity of categories and projects require high quality project and program management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internally and externally
- Ensure procurement meets donor guidelines across IRC
- Develop a diverse sourcing program for IRC and ensure IRC sets and meets small business and diversity goals
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Chief Global Supply Chain Officer
Position directly supervises: HQ Global Procurement team, based in NY, Nairobi and Beirut
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Global Supply Chain Operations Team, country programs, HQ departments
- Experience in a global non-profit, specifically with major donor requirements and operating in complex environments
- Experience in developing structured strategic sourcing methodology and leading cross-functional teams.
- Expert knowledge of: supply chain management best practices, strategic sourcing, inventory management, and purchasing systems.
- Experienced and well-versed in fraud prevention practices in procurement
- Effectively manages ambiguity.
- Minimum 12 years of Procurement related experience
- Must have proven project management skills and experience, excellent communication skills, advanced influencing capabilities, the ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, and a team building work style
- Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and change management
- C-Level presentation skills, negotiation and relationship skills
- Provide fact based recommendations and development of market and industry analysis
- Superior supplier negotiation skills through the use of industry facts and data as well as research on supplier’s financial conditions and market positions
- Bachelor’s degree required
Standard office work environment. Travel less than 10%
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-06-25