Hot Meals Assistant (Tanzania Nationals Only) - Tanzania
Political instability in Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo has caused a large number of refugees to seek protection in Tanzania. NRC opened an operational office in Kibondo, North Western Tanzania, in November 2016 and resumed responsibilities for Camp Management and WASH in Nyarugusu Refugee Camp from May 2017.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Position of Hot Meals Assistant is therefore required to establish and implement the activities in the camp. All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
Job description1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
3. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
4. Ensure proper filing of documents
5. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
6. Assist in activities concerned with the provision of hot food for new arrivals and ongoing residents
7. Conduct timely request and appropriate use of food items in provision of meals
8. Recording of appropriate details
9. Provide regular reports to the Reception Centre Officer
10. Liaise and collaborate with relevant key stakeholders within the Reception Centre
11. Contribute to the development of improvement of processes
12. Ensure that activities target beneficiaries most in need of protection and assistance
13. Represent NRC in Liaison when required by the Reception Centre Officer
Qualifications• 2 years’ relevant experience from a humanitarian/recovery context
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of French or Kirundi is a strong advantage
• Be able to use a wide variety of software, Microsoft Office is an advantage
• Experience in capacity building and training of target groups
• Political and cultural awareness
• Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
Personal qualities• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Handling insecure environment
We offer• Duty station: Nyarugusu, Kasulu District
• Commencement: 1st July 2017
• Contract duration: 6 months’ contract with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
• Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions in Tanzania. The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Tanzania.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kigoma
- Grade: Services and Support
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-06-10