Project Development Consultants (3) - Extended
Project DevelopmentConsultants Remote (3 positions)
The Green Climate Fund (the “GCF”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
GCF is governed by a Board, composed of an equal number of members from developed and developing countries. GCF is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director. GCF will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Project Development Consultants will be home based for up to one year and be available on a on call basis. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a start-up in international climate finance that offers stimulating challenges.
The Project Development Consultants will report to the Senior Project Preparation Specialist. The main taskwouldincludeprovidingadviceandsupporttoNationalDesignatedAuthorities(NDAs),andDirectAccess Entities (DAEs) in project development related tasks, in close coordination with relevant colleagues in other teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing advice and support to NDAs and DAEs in accessing GCF support programmes for project/programme development;
- Maintaining regular communication with NDAs and DAEs to advise and support them on the development of potential projects and programmes;
- Advising and supporting DAEs, and where necessary NDAs, to address project-specific covenants/conditions agreed by GCF's Board (if any) or any other issue that should be addressed following GCF Board approval of the relevant funding proposals; and
- Providing on-site support to NDAs and DAEs, as requested/assigned by the Senior Project Preparation Specialist; and AdditionalsupportivetasksasassignedbytheSeniorProjectPreparationSpecialistorDirectorofCountry Programming from time to time.
- Minimum of Master university degree in international development, international affairs, business administration, environment or related fields;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in project development in an international environment;
- Experience with climate finance and impacts of climate change on programmes and projects;
- Extensive operational experience in some of the Fund’s strategic impacts: i) Reduced emission from Energy access and power generation; Low emission transport; Buildings, Cities, Industries, and appliances, and Forests and land use, and ii) Increased resilience of livelihoods of people, communities, and regions; Health and well-being, and food and water security; Infrastructure and the built environment, and Ecosystems and ecosystem services.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prepare and communicate complex information in written format; and
- Fluency in English is essential; excellent language skills in French and/or Spanish is desirable.
Applications fromwomen and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged. Interested candidates, are required to send an e-mail attaching their CV and a letter of interest in a single file to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Olsson, Anna) Subject line:
“Project Development Consultant (Remote)”
Please indicate yourearliest availability to take up theassignment.
Closing date for application is extended to 2 June 2017 (KST). Previous applicants are under consideration and need not re-apply.
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e- mail. Thank you.