Logistics Assistant (Port Operations SC5- Tartous VA052-2017
Tartouss | Syria
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
From 29 May 2017 to 12 June 2017
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service Contract
Duration: Six Months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, and other data related to Tartous port shipments.
- Provide day-to-day reports on the progress and movements of WFP shipments (dispatched, shortages, etc. from Tartous port)
- Monitor and report on WFP food stocks at Tartous Port by prepare daily stock reports and preparing dailydispatch plans from the port to the WFP warehouses.
- Monitor and assess quality, quantity and safety of the goods.
- Initiate action for requests for duty exemptions on all WFP imported shipments, food and nonfood items by following all the necessary matters with concern authorities.
- Follow up with the concerned authorities and service providers on necessary arrangements before shipments arrival to Tartous port including checking of the shipping documents and follow up with the clearing agents and transporters on shipments status upon arrival.
- Establish contacts with shipping agents, clearing agents and superintendents and monitor the discharge of WFP vessels, advising supervisors of need for intervention in case of any unforeseen problems pertaining to discharge and/or clearing operations.
- Follow up with WFP superintendent, clearing agent(s), forwarder(s), transporters and other logistics service providers on timely arrangements for food clearance and dispatches.
- Evaluate the performance of all services providers on ground and provide analytical vision on methods to improve the port operation work.
- Organize and supervise the vessel discharge to ensure timely adherence to lay time given (in Case of chartervessels) and container discharge (in case of liners vessels).
- Deliver WFP standard LTIS & waybills to those involved in the primary transport of WFP operations and ensure that the proper paperwork has been prepared.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy incorporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, including at least two in the field of customs clearance,commodity supply chain, or port operations
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your CV in English
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Tartouss | Syria
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2017-06-12