Programme Quality and Funding Director
Islamabad | Pakistan
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. Oxfam in Pakistan has been working in the country since 1973. In the Pakistan, our goal is to contribute to the eradication of poverty by supporting women and other vulnerable groups in saving lives and building livelihoods, enhancing their resilience to crises, shocks and stresses, and making their voices heard to hold duty-bearers accountable*.*
Job Title: Programme Quality and Funding Director
National terms and conditions of employment
Based in Islamabad, Pakistan
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package (National Scale)
Purpose of the Position
You will provide strategic leadership, coordination and support on foundational Programme quality (design, planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, social accountability, partnership and knowledge management), influencing work and business development. This role works across the spectrum of long-term development, humanitarian and influencing interventions in close coordination with management, Programme and support teams. The role of the Programme Quality and Funding Director is firmly grounded in Oxfam’s 2020 vision, in which Oxfam becomes a knowledge-driven organization. You will lead the country programme in Pakistan in increasing Oxfam’s programme impact by working closely with country management, programme teams and partners to improve programme quality with Oxfam’s one programme approach, gender, rights- based approach and impact at scale embedded. You will also lead the programme to become self-sufficient in meeting programme standards, with learning and feedback influencing programme and strategic decision-making, programmes working in a synergistic manner with each other, and knowledge being consumed, created, and disseminated.
You will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership, knowledge and expertise in Programme Quality and strategic Programme thinking, Influencing skills and strategic understanding of business development.
The broader main responsibilities of the role will include:
· Strategic Programme Quality and Funding Leadership
· Strategic Programme quality, influencing and funding advisory
· Strategic development of Programme Quality, influencing and funding capacities
· Management of the Programme Quality, Funding and Influencing team.
· Internal and external coordination, sharing, networking and representation
· Passion for improving effectiveness and impact of multi-sectoral Programmes and demonstrating tangible outcomes for poor and vulnerable women and men;
· Experience in leading on / developing strategic thinking on Programme quality and funding;
· A minimum of 7 years of senior management and/or advisory experience at country level;
· Strong experience in influencing, managing, advising, training, and coaching others on PQ&F issues, including HR and resourcing;
· Demonstrable people, project and budget management skills with minimal direct supervision including ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and to demonstrate accountability;
· Experience of working in highly complex political environments and to adapt to different cultures. Direct experience of Pakistan is essential;
· Experience of improving effectiveness of development and humanitarian Programmes and demonstrating tangible outcomes for poor and vulnerable women and men;
· In-depth knowledge of specific areas of work with post graduate qualification in the related field of study from a recognised institution;
· Strong understanding of all aspects of Programme quality, including the practical issues faced by managers in delivering high quality Programmes;
· Experience of tendering, developing and implementing large scale funding;
· Proven ability to lead and advise on the development and implementation of MELSA strategies, plans, and systems;
· Proven experience in supporting strategic thinking and quality improvement on partnership;
· Ability to liaise and coordinate with a wide range of people, both internal and external;
· Understanding of local languages spoken in Pakistan
· Firsthand experience of implementing or advising on international development/humanitarian projects in Pakistan;
· International experience will be an additional asset; Experience of working in Asian cultures desirable;
We are looking for national candidate with a passion to make a strong contribution to quality and impact of OXFAM programmes in Pakistan and be part of the team in reducing poverty. We will offer a competitive and fair national pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
Pakistanis working oversees will be highly encouraged to apply.
Are you the Programme Quality and Funding Director we’re looking for?
Please submit your application https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/6151/description OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number INT3528. Your application must be received by 11 June, 2017 at the latest. Please note this is a re-advertisement and candidates who have applied before should not re-apply. Due to urgency of hiring for this role, we will be reviewing the applications as they come and the advert may be closed before the due date if we found the right candidate for the role.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.
For full details of the job, please refer to the Job Profile
Oxfam is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from women, minority and underrepresented groups.
- Organization: Oxfam GB
- Location: Islamabad | Pakistan
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development
- Operations and Administrations
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development
- Closing Date: 2017-06-11