This is a Temporary Appointment opened to Gabonese and non-Gabonese with a regular resident permit.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Based on the established policies, guidelines and service level agreements (SLAs), the purpose of this entry-level role is to support the provision of ICT solutions and services and assist in the delivery of results in Gabon, Sao Tome and Principe and Equatorial Guinea Country offices under close guidance and supervision of the ICT Officer.
Key Expected Results
- Assist the Area ICT Officer to enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and accessibility to ICT solutions and services
- Assist the Area ICT Officer to provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management;
- Assist the Area ICT Officer to Support operational and administrative tasks;
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Assist the Area ICT Officer to enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and accessibility to ICT services and solutions:
- Ensure physical and logical security and safety of ICT environment and infrastructure;
- Operate ICT infrastructure –multi-user network (Windows Server 2012 R2), telecommunications (HF/VHF radios, satellite phones, VSATs, VOIP) and Cloud Applications (Office 365), network analysis and design;
- Assist in the management of contracts for ICT for services and products;
- Implement corporate solutions, services and keep systems and applications up and running;
- Apply upgrades, security updates and patches;
- Assist to manage emergency telecommunication operations and equipment;
- Assist to build a strong ICT disaster recovery plans;
- Monitor, assess and verify the use of ICT resources to ensure compliance
2. Assist the Area ICT Officer to provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management:
- Provide technical and operational support to end-users;
- Offer or coordinate training workshops or clinics to build end-users capacity or to introduce new solutions and services;
- Support the planning, organization and implementation of capacity building and knowledge management initiatives to enhance staff competencies;
- Support opportunities to improve productively, efficiency, effectiveness and foster innovation;
- Stay abreast of ICT trends, developments and best practices through professional development –journals, training, certification, etc.
3. Assist the Area ICT Officer to support operational and administrative tasks:
- Support the offices business continuity plans development and ensure the inclusion of ICT inputs and perspective;
- Monitor risks and threats to ICT environment or infrastructure. Take appropriate action and inform management;
- Participate in inter-agency events, meetings or discussions to present UNICEF ICT interests, priorities and position;
- Assist in providing information for reports, reviews or audits;
2. Qualifications of Successful Candidate
A University degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management or related field is required.
Minimum of 2 (two) years of practical work experience in information technology, computer information management work, including experience in data processing applications, multi-user network and telecommunications, hardware/software installation, user assistance in support of office computerization, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on IT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools. Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English are required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Analyzing (2);
- Applying Technical Expertise (2);
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (1);
- Planning and Organizing (1).
Solid technical knowledge in computer science, software engineering, information technology management or related field.
= = = = = =
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization
To View our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Libreville
- Grade: GS-6, General Service
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-06-13