Talent Management Specialist
Talent Management Specialist Grade IS – 3 Specialist Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Human Resources Closing date 26 June 2017 Reporting to Head of Human Resources Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/135 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Talent Management Specialist is responsible for all HR initiatives that help to retain and develop the most talented staff for the Green Climate Fund; with the objective that the staff will perform to their maximum ability and enable the Fund to achieve its goals.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Head of HR, the Talent Management Specialist will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Develop and carryout effective induction programmes; • Manage the performance management function across the Fund, to include performance evaluations, performance development plans, and performance improvement plans; Train, advise and coach managers
and staff on effective performance management and development, help to resolve any conflicts;
• Identify learning and training needs in the organization, and provide training solutions, implementing,
administering, and/or designing and delivering high-quality programs;
• Support staff in their continuing professional development;
• Help to improve and maintain staff engagement e.g. via staff surveys and follow -up initiatives;
• Work with managers and staff to provide valuable career development opportunities;
• Contribute to organizational development initiatives, for example change management; and
• Carry out any other HR work as required.
Expected experience and qualifications*
• Master’s degree in HR or relevant fields;
• At least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in human resources management covering all the
relevant areas – performance management and developm ent; learning and training, career development,
organizational development; change management;
• Significant experience in an international setting with a diverse workforce;
• Excellent trainer and facilitator;
• Solid understanding of performance management and development, and change management;
• Experience with staff engagement and retention intiatives;
• Ability to articulate complex issues verbally and in writing in a concise manner;
• Willingness to work autonomously and take initiatives to meet organizational o bjectives;
• Strong competence in standard software applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook ; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of
another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The
above criteria should be seen as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for
consideration. Selection among short -listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview,
appropriate testing, and references.
• Planning and Organizing
• Team work
• Building trust
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Talent Management Specialist”
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e -mail acknowledging receipt of your
application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting
your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-06-26