ICLA Officer - Legal Counsuler - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Nimruz - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Remain updated on current legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan.
- Identify and select beneficiaries, collecting relevant documents (copies of claim files, customary or title deeds, client request from NRC, NRC contract with client, VRF or village leader certification or any other relevant documents)
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments and/or represent clients before Justice and Judicial offices;
- Prepare lawsuits, defense letter or any other legal letter if requested by clients in accordance with laws
- Follow up of legal cases on a bi-weekly basis, writing case history, daily actions, and legal problem forms. It includes case closing sheets when closed.
- Accurately register cases in the electronic database within the month.
- Registered new cases with relevant documents and data (case history, action) should be recorded in data base by 25th of each month, solved, referred, closed unsolved cases should be report to data base accordingly and accurately;
- Relevant documents should be collected within the same months of registration as well as case histories, actions should be written on a daily basis, and case closing sheets maximum by middle of next month;
- Case histories, add actions, case closing sheets or any other documents should be computerized and communicated to Data base Officer on a regular bases
- Maintain and update hard and soft copy files of documents and pleadings in individual cases in accordance of NRC soft and hard filling system;
- Prepare weekly plan, weekly report, monthly report, tentative mission plan or any other report if required;
- Represent NRC in external and internal meetings, when requested;
- At all-time respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients;
- Work closely with the Information section in referral of information cases;
- Provide technical support in development of research, poster, leaflet, brochure, news letter, calendar or any other legal process if requested;
- Any other reasonable task as instructed by immediate superior;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector and work experience with refugees
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience with media activities
- Familiarity with NRC work in the region
- Sound Knowledge of English and Computer literate (MS Office)
- Education title: University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, and a thorough knowledge of Afghan laws; and international framework related to the beneficiaries.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nimruz
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2017-06-13