VN 2017/120 (P) - Senior Programme Manager (Humanitarian and Resilience Building) (P4) - Islamabad, Pakistan
Position Title Senior Programme Manager (Humanitarian and Resilience Building)
Duty Station :Islamabad, Pakistan
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru,
Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of
Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
3. External female candidates.
The humanitarian unit in Pakistan is presently implementing projects related to Natural Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery, Humanitarian Communications, Shelter Research and Support to Return of Undocumented Afghan migrants from Pakistan.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission in Islamabad, Pakistan, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, management and implementation of IOM Humanitarian Programming in Pakistan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Develop and manage the overarching IOM Humanitarian Programming strategy and implementation modalities including but not limited to Shelter and Non Food Items, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), disaster risk reduction and risk management, Humanitarian Communications, Public Private Partnerships and support to undocumented Page 1 / 4Afghan nationals in Pakistan and their return to Afghanistan. 2. Conduct resource mobilization activities in coordination with the IOM programme team, including but not limited to donor coordination, government liaison and supervising the development of programming, implementation and reporting.
3. Develop and maintain liaison with governmental authorities, national and international institutions, international and national non-governmental organizations, Donor agencies and other relevant partners to coordinate and promote IOM Humanitarian activities. 4. Develop and oversee implementation of capacity building strategy for the humanitarian programme team thereby ensuring appropriate technical capacity is available for programming needs in line with the dynamic scenario in country.
They would include the following areas:
• Shelter and Settlement
• Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)
• Disaster Risk Reduction/Disaster Risk Management (DRR/DRM)
• Information Management (IM)
• Monitoring Evaluation M&E)
• Security and Safety
• Other areas according to evolving programme needs.
5. Ensure IOM Pakistan’s engagement within the relevant humanitarian fora and whilst streamlining IOM’s 12 point strategy and Migration Crises Operations Framework (MCOF) into the Humanitarian Programmes in country.
HANDS related to programme planning, implementation and evaluation.
7. Responsible for identifying and building cooperative relationships and partnerships with a) key humanitarian organizations both national and international; b) other key partners, including national and provincial disaster management authorities, Relief Commissioners, Provincial and District authorities), national academic institutions (planning, statistics,engineering, architecture), and International Financial Institutions, and c) Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and relevant Clusters, particularly Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Protection, and Early Recovery Clusters.
8. Advise the Chief of Mission, Regional Office, DOE and relevant donor liaison mission on humanitarian development and IOM engagement in Pakistan.
9. In coordination with the CoM represent IOM at appropriate policy and operational inter agency mechanism including United Nations Country Team (UNCT), Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), Programme Management Team (PMT) and Policy Coordination Meeting (PCM). 10. Ensure programmatic adherence to IOM Rules and Regulations, policy guidelines, technical standards, and relevant government human rights legal obligations and and Donor requirements in line with project agreement.
11. Provide regular updates to the Chief of Mission, Regional Office and relevant departments in Headquarters (HQs) on progress achieved and other development in Pakistan. 12. Oversee preparation of regular and specific narrative, impact, policy, financial, evaluation and statistical reports covering IOM Pakistan Humanitarian activities and projects; furthermore Page 2 / 4also oversee compilation of briefings and background information requested by RO and HQs, the Government and other entities.
13. Provide oversight to various IOM humanitarian programmes to ensure proper monitoring measures are in place, are regularly updated keeping in view lessons learned and are appropriately reported for progress updates, donor reports and evaluations. 14. As the responsible Programme manager for multi-year humanitarian programme, provide strategic direction to the programme coordinator and consortium member agencies, maintain effective communication with the donor and government counterparts and ensure that the programmatic and financial aspects of the programme are aligned with donor requirements. 15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Development Studies, Communications or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Extensive experience in programme management, implementation and evaluation; • Demonstrated supervisory experience and ability to coordinate activities and to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds; • Demonstrated supervisory experience in staff management;
• Proven record of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with governmental and diplomatic authorities, national, regional and international institutions as well as civil society actors;
• Experience in a rapid transition or post-conflict setting with massive displacement of migrants and/or refugees.
• Previous programme management, Shelter/CCCM experience preferred;
• Experience working and implementing projects and advocacy tools on DRR constructions and cluster coordination preferred;
• Familiarity with the region an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Urdu and/or other local language is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
Page 3 / 4• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 June 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 30.05.2017 to 12.06.2017
Requisition: VN2017/120(P)-SrProgrammeManager(Humanitrn&ResilnceBuildg)(P4)-Islamabad,Pakista (55074265) Released
Posting: Posting NC55074283 (55074283) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Mid level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development
- Humanitarian Affairs
- Operations and Administrations
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-06-12