Monitoring and Evaluation Officer- 1 Vacancy based in Moroto (Open to Ugandan Nationals Only)
Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim, Kotido, Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripirit and Amudat with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, Nike Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
BRACED Mercy Corps is a consortium led by Mercy Corps that includes TANGO Intl, Makerere University, University of Nairobi and Wajir South Development Association (WASDA). BRACED Mercy Corps is being implemented in northern Uganda (Karamoja) as well as northern Kenya (Wajir County). The BRACED Mercy Corps programme is designed around three integrated thematic focus areas - Natural Resource Management and Lands, Market Systems Development and Governance and Gender Mainstreaming. We are in search of an inquisitive individual to support project staff in conducting research and gathering and analysing quantitative and qualitative data to help communicate the program’s impact to various audiences – stakeholders, donors and internal Mercy Corps team members.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E) will work closely with the Project Managers and Program Director to track, analyse and document learnings for the BRACED activities. The M&E Officer will help create tracking tools to ensure team members and community members are reaching their goals. S/he will work with teams to identify critical knowledge gaps and carry out targeted research on those areas, engaging external assistance, when necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Develop tools to simplify data gathering and reporting and ensure teams gather and report necessary data
· Support program staff in monitoring and evaluating the progress and impact of work including setting and measuring benchmarks along results chains;
· Manage program data; including information that is collected by programs, this will include database support and design.
· Development and maintain a central database to track all PMP-required project information, and provide to the program manager, on request
· Prepare data analyses to be used in monthly program strategic reviews, annual reports, and other evaluations.
· Quickly learn and administer the DPMELC system and TOLA as the monitoring and evaluation systems used by Mercy Corps
Applied learning and Research:
· Lead applied learning activities in the M&E field including conducting M&E trainings, evaluations, reviews etc.
· Keenly analyze and share data and information for effective decision making
· Coordinate program/project lessons learnt and develop key actions of improvement
· Participate in conducting research activities on specific subjects critical to team success and recommend hiring of external support where necessary;
· Facilitate capacity building of staff on DMELC system and TOLA, stakeholders and beneficiaries on assessment, monitoring and evaluation
· Carry out a one-to-one for project staff on how to use developed data collection tools
· Assist program staff develop monitoring and evaluation tools
Communication and Publication:
· Contribute data, analysis and write-ups to regular organizational publications and reports;
· Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to develop publishable communication material about BRACED in Karamoja;
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· The ideal candidate for the BRACED Learning and Information Office opportunity should possess a Bachelor's degree preferably in BSc (Economics), BSc (Statistics), B. Quantitative Economics, B. Population Studies or Development studies with a certificate level qualification in computer applications.
· At least 3 years of related professional experience
· Demonstrable quantitative skills, including familiarity with database management and analysis
· Superior writing and analytical skills
· Proven skills in networking, assessing information needs and developing appropriate tools
· Excellent reporting, communication and representation skills
· Knowledge of Uganda’s economy and business environment, particularly in the context of rural development and Karamoja.
· Skilled in promoting organization learning and knowledge acquisition and sharing
Applications: Submit your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Friday, 2nd June, 2017. Subject of email should include the position you are applying for**.** Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Kigali (Rwanda)
- Grade: Mid level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-06-02
IICA-2, International Individual Contractors Agreement
Male | Nouakchott | Niamey | Dakar (Maldives)
Financial Accountant, Finance department, Administration and Corporate Governance division, AD6 (786)EMA - European Medicines Agency
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
IS - 3
Incheon (Korea (Republic of))