Technical Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, P-4
Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
Based in Abidjan, under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative and overall guidance of the Resident Representative, the Maternal Health and Family Planning (MH/FP) Technical Specialist will work closely with the Program and Operations Teams in the UNFPA Country office. S/he will also work closely with different entities in the Ministry Of Public Health, NGOs and partners to reinforce the Maternal Health Program and enhance Family Planning including Reproductive Health Commodities’ Security (RHCS) in Cote d’Ivoire.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in any of the following areas - public health, medicine, social sciences, pharmacy or other related fields. A course in logistics, essential drugs, health system strengthening and financing and MIS is an advantage.
- 7 years of professional experience and increasing responsibilities in managing RH or health programmes, including supply management systems. At least five years of national and/or international experience in advising on RH commodities, health systems and supply management.
- Extensive knowledge of supply management: forecasting, warehousing, distribution, transportation and logistics information systems.
- General knowledge of the principles and operational aspects of integrated RH/MH care.
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures, especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures is an asset.
- Fluency in French.
- Good command of oral and written English is required.