Consultancy to undertake a KAP survey in Khosos
Khosos | Cairo
Action Against Hunger in Egypt is seeking a consultant to undertake a KAP survey in Khosos.
Main objectives of the project are to enhance performance of the primary health care facility in El Khosos; to raise awareness of the local community on health, nutrition and diseases prevention; and to increase the quality and accessibility of the drinking water for the residents of Khosos.
The study will aim, but not limited:
- Measure the level of knowledge of those in charge of children under five in terms of maternal and child health and nutrition related issues.
- Determine the nutrition practices of children under five, the health of children and household hygiene in general.
- Identify knowledge gaps, cultural beliefs or behavioural patterns and practices that create barriers to infant and young child feeding and care practises.
The KAP expert will be working with a consultancy firm whose main responsibility are data collection (quantitative), and overseeing the volunteers during the data collection, and receiving the necessary permissions from the related authorities. The KAP expert still is the overall responsible for the quality of the data collection and volunteers.
The job will be 2.5 months consultancy based in Cairo with several trips to the field ( Khosos, Qualbeya governorate)
- Experience in Public Health, Nutrition and related fields
- Experience to conduct KAP survey.
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and diplomacy skills
- Ability to deal with local partners
- Fluent English language skills (report should be written in English) and minimum working knowledge of Arabic.
- Experience with international NGOs
- Experience in Middle Eastern context.
For further information and to get the full ToR, please refer to Accion Contra el Hambre website:
For further information, please, download the full ToR through our web site https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/licitacionestendersappels-doffre.
- Organization: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Khosos | Cairo
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2017-06-07