Consultancy - eTools Business Lead: Trip Management
New York City (United States of America)
The eTools Business Lead: Trip Management is to lead the day-to-day activities of business analysis and requirements gathering, policy and procedure alignment, product functionality sign off, and various business operations and support activities.
The eTools Business Lead: Trip Management is to lead the day-to-day activities of business analysis and requirements gathering, policy and procedure alignment, product functionality sign off, and various business operations and support activities. Specifically, the team seeks the following area of work coverage:
- Formulating and managing evolving business requirements and needs for country offices around in-country travel management via eTools.
- Liaising with FRG, DFAM, ICTD, and regional/country office operations and programme leads in order to incorporate feedback that has vital organizational impact for country offices into eTools Trip Management module.
- Overseeing activities undertaken by the Business Technology Associate for business and technical specifications development and test scenario development with the eTools Product Manager.
- Standing in as the business owner in product and engineering discussions for the development of Trip Management features.
- Business Requirements Definition
- Lead on business requirements gathering for all Trip Management functionality in eTools
- Liaise with FRG, DFAM, ICTD, and regional/country office operations and programme leads in order to incorporate feedback that has vital organizational impact for country offices into eTools Trip Management module
Oversee activities undertaken by the Business Technology Associate for business and technical specifications development and test scenario development with the eTools Product Manager
- Support the eTools Project Manager on all aspects of Trip Management activities, including policy and procedures-related activities to be undertaken that affect eTools Trip Management module
- Work with Product and Engineering leads to articulate business rationale and priorities during design and development of trip management features
Oversee the prioritization and sign off of business-related queries and issues during QA and deployment of Trip Management features
- Oversee the Trip Management Business Technology Associate’s activities during the implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate end user and support team documentation
Product Strategy and roadmap creation
- Support the Product Manager and Technical Lead in prioritizing Trip Management related features on the eTools product roadmap related features on the eTools product roadmap
The ideal candidate should also possess the following:
- UNICEF country office operations and finance experience and knowledge
- Knowledgeable in country office-level programme management practices, especially field monitoring
- Superior business process and policy analysis techniques and requires minimal supervision to accomplish rigorous process within her/his role
- Well-spoken and able to clearly articulate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, including software engineers
- Possess 10 + years of experience in the area of operations, finance and/or programme management with experience in an UNICEF country office.
- Masters degree in relevant area of study or an undergraduate degree with additional work experience.
- Proven organizational skills and team management ability
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills preferred (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Be able to prioritize a large amount of projects and show clear progression of projects
- Ability to do limited travel (specifically to interact with staff in UNICEF Country Offices)
Fluency in English. Proficiency in French a plus.
Andrea Suley (Chief, Implementation Modalities, Field Results Group)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send submit:
- Detailed and up-to-date P11 form and/or a CV/resume;
- Cover letter explaining what makes you suitable for this position as well as your all-inclusive daily rate (any travel required by this consultancy will be paid directly by UNICEF).
This is an urgent requirement, so successful candidates will be expected to start soon after selection. Please indicate your ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-06-14