Legal Specialist, Legal Unit/ Office of the Executive Director (OED), New York, P-3
New York City
The Legal Specialist post is located in the Legal Unit/ Office of the Executive Director (OED). The Legal Specialist reports to the Chief, Legal Unit, OED.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Legal Unit, the Legal Specialist provides legal support to UNFPA management, headquarters units, regional offices, sub-regional offices and country offices
Qualifications and Experience
● Advanced university degree in law. Specialization in international law, labor law and/or administrative law an asset;
Knowledge and Experience:
● Admitted to practice law in national jurisdiction.
●5 years experience in the practice of international law with a law firm, a government and/or an international organization;
● Practical advocacy experience an asset.
● Excellent legal communications and drafting skills;
● Excellent capability to manage risk.
● Fluency in English required; knowledge of another UN language is an asset
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2017-06-14