Head of Office
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Head of Office
Taloqan Regional Management Office
Number of Positions:
One (Female and Male)
The position is Fixed Term (Two years) Extendable based on performance
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Head of Regional Management Office (HoRMO) takes the overall managerial and leadership of all matters pertaining to RMO, including the day-to-day security management. S/he manages the operations, programme/project implementation and represents the Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) in a designated region of the country. HoRMO is responsible at the concerned RMO to make sure that the contribution of the related Projects/Units at the RMO to reaching the strategic objectives of SCA in line with work plans and budgets is made properly.
The HoRMO is responsible to supervise and monitor utilization of all the allocated human and financial resources to make sure effective, efficient and transparent implementation of the operations and the assigned tasks. Therefore, the HoRMO is accountable for delivering the set programme/project results at the regional level by concentrating on achievement of targets, supervision, monitoring, capacity building, networking and promotion of integration between projects within the auspices of the RMO.
The HoRMO is to make sure an active engagement of her team in programme design and management through various processes such as planning, proposals, reporting, budgeting, procurement, evaluations, monitoring, human resource management and audits. She/He is responsible to ensure internal coordination and synergy among different projects/units while external coordination with the concerned governmental authorities at the region. She/he represents SCA in the region e.g. in all non-sectorial/technical meetings, workshops, conferences etc.
All the project/nits managers including the Communications, HR and M&E Senior Offices are directly reporting to the HoRMO.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master Degree, or equivalent, in relevant professional field preferably Development Studies, General
- Programme/ Project Management.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience within international development, with NGOs, UN agencies or similar organisation.
- 3 – 5 years experiences in programme and project planning and implementation.
- Experience in the Rights-Based Approach to development
- Proven ability to prioritise, delegate, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines - Ability to take initiatives, innovate and pursue work proactively.
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Dari/Pashto.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Represent SCA at the regional level.
- Lead and managerially support the team at RMO level to deliver all the set outputs and outcomes with full implementation of the planned activities with constant supervision and monitoring of activities as well as quality assurance and active coordination and synergy (internally and externally)
- To lead and support the services and support units to ensure proper security management of the SCA premises, projects, and staff at the related region.
- To lead the team (Project/Unit Managers) in a way that they are able to utilize the allocated resources in an effective and efficient way.
- To make sure that the procurements of the materials and equipment available in the region, as well as recruitments of all the needed staff within the region is made in accordance with set guidelines, regulations and delegated instructions.
- To make sure that the SCA Strategic Plan and policy (vision, mission and values) are fully adhered to in all operations and project implementations at the region.
- To oversee management and implementation of the planned activities according to the approved WP&B and action-plans
- To guide and support the RMO Project/Units staff in need assessment of the new activities and drafting proposals with consultation of PD, Programme and Cross Cutting Units at KMO
- To oversee initiation of annual plan and budget elaboration in accordance to guidelines from KMO
- To guide and overall review elaboration of different reports (annual, semi-annual, quarterly, and monthly) for either SCA, donors, or DoEco by the concerned project/unit managers.
- Lead and support HR Senior Officer by overseeing recruitment of RMO staff (project based or permanent) in accordance to delegated authority as stated in the SCA Staff Handbook
- Oversee and mobilize the project/unit at RMO to ensure proper representation of SCA at regional level, strengthen linkages with partners, assess and identify advocacy areas and priorities in line with SCA Vision and Strategic Objectives.
- To monitor all the units and functions at RMO to contribute to the WP&B process, donor and annual reports in a coordinated manner
- To ensure that human rights and gender issues are taken into consideration in all activities and processes.
- To guide and support drafting report to donors and WP&B by the projects/units at RMO to the related departments and units at KMO.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Subject Line Must be: Head of Office, HRM/KMO 36-17, Otherwise your application May not be Considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number:HRM/KMO 36-17
Duty station:Taloqan Regional Management Office
Application deadline:14 June 2017
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Taloqan
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-06-14