Yangon | Yangon
Background Information - Job-specific
In February 2009, MMOC was selected by the Myanmar Country Coordination Mechanism for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) as one of two Principal Recipients of GFATM grants for Myanmar. The implementation of the grants has commenced in January 2011.
In August 2013, MMOC was selected by the Regional Steering Committee for the Artemisinin Resistance Containment Initiative for the GFATM as Regional Principal Recipients of the GFATM regional grant for the Greater Mekong Sub-region (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam). The implementation of the grant has commenced January 2014.
Under the overall supervision of Public Health Programme Officer and the direct supervision of the Public Health Officer, the Program Assistant, who will be assigned to Malaria unit, shall perform the following specific duties and responsibilities;
- Assist in drafting of projects reports and memos
- Prepare project communication, documentation, reports and contracts, checking accuracy and compliance with UNOPS formats and style
- Maintain hard and computerized (soft) records for the projects operational and financial transactions for ease of reference and retrieval
- Responsible for document management, including file closures, archiving and monitoring due dates for projects progress, status reports and submission by UNOPS of substantive financing, budget utilization and budget utilization to clients
- Assist in monitoring expenditures, verify accuracy of requests, completeness of documentation and availability of funding-Inform supervisor of budget status, process for action, inform client and actively follow up to completion
- Prepare briefing materials as required or mission and/or discussions on project activities and status
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange vital information on operational issues and seek cooperation to resolve routine operational issues and process problems and refer complex issues to supervisor with recommendation for course of action.
- Assist in briefing project personnel on UNOPS Procedure
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of all aspects of the project implementation including finance, budget and administration.
- Arrange field visits and coordinate all related logistics and administrative matters as necessary
- Issue statistical reports for M&E Purposes
- Assist in day to day coordination of the project activities, i.e. assist in collecting and assembling data and reporting activities of the project.
- Initiate purchase orders (POs) in ATLAS for making payments to implementing partners
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Regular updates to the supervisor
- Regular reports prepared to the satisfaction of the direct supervisor
- Maintenance of Up to date records, both in hard copy and in the computerized system
- Attending all relevant technical meetings and maintaining excellent contacts with all stakeholders.
- Efficiency & Effectiveness in responding to the day to day needs of the project
- Continuous review of performance by the direct supervisor
- Up to date records of project activities well maintained.
- Accurate/good quality reports & statistics submitted when and as required
- Supervisor & clients regularly briefed on project activities when and as necessary.
- Positive feedback from M&E Team on support provided by the contractor, particularly in timely submission of data required for M&E Purposes.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- University Degree in Business Administration / Public Administration/ Economics/ Development Studies or other related subjects will be considered an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Secondary school education with minimum 5 years of experience in similar field of work or exposure to project management preferably with an International Organization is required.
- Good computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, Spreadsheets and Database Software would be an asset.
- Previous successful involvement with and a good knowledge of NGOs & civil society is preferred.
- Intermediate level in English and fluency in Myanmar Language are required.
- Ability to work systematically, accurately and independently minimum supervision in a complex environment.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to draft clear and concise communications and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA - 5
Contract duration: Until 31 Dec 2017 (possible extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Yangon | Yangon
- Grade: LICA-5, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Administrative support
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Closing Date: 2017-06-06