WordPress Website Developer Consultancy
Call for Consultancy Services WordPress Website Developer The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks a WordPress Website Developer Consultant for the CGIAR Research Program on Roots, Tubers and Bananas (RTB) to develop a website for the CGIAR Gender and Breeding Initiative.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by the 15 research centers who are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
The Program: The CGIAR Research Program on Roots, Tubers and Bananas (RTB) is a broad alliance led by the International Potato Center (CIP), with Bioversity International, the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), and Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement (CIRAD) as managing partners, including a growing number of research and development partners. RTB brings together
research on its mandate crops: bananas and plantains, cassava, potato, sweetpotato, yams, and minor roots and tubers, to improve nutrition and food security and foster greater gender equity especially among some of the world’s most poor and vulnerable populations.
The position: The position will be remote located. Candidates must be available to commence work on the project by mid-June, with the website finalized by the end of June.
Deliverable: The website is to be independent with its own structure, content and branding (to be provided),howevershouldbeinstalledasasub-siteontheRTBWordPressinstallation.TheCGIARGender andBreedingInitiativewebsitewillbeapproximatelyninepagesofmostlystaticcontent,includingablog. Technical requirements of the website
- The CMS is Multi-site installation of WordPress, hosted in WP Engine
- Site must be responsive and provide appropriate versions for a variety of screen sizes
- Dependency on plugins must be kept to a minimum. Paid, supported plugins must be prioritized over free, non-supported ones.
- Provide rules for each site documentation, tags, categories
- Design different templates for content categories
- Optimize for low bandwidth audiences
- RSS feed outputs of content types
- Bachelor’s degree in communication technologies or equivalent, preferably with a specialization in web technologies.
- At least 5 years of experience in web designing, specifically using the CMS WordPress.
- Advanced written and verbal English level.
CGIAR Research Program on Roots, Tubers and Bananas, Apartado 1558, Limat (+ 51 1) 317 5335 www.rtb.cgiar.orgSelection criteria
Applications: Applicants should apply online through the following link ( https://goo.gl/GXj53q), including afullC.V.andanupdatedworkportfolio.Allapplicationswillbeacknowledged;howeveronlyshortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org, also about RTB by
accessing the web site http://www.rtb.cgiar.org/
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries
are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: International Consultant
- Closing Date: 2017-06-13