This is a temporary appointment for the post of driver GS2 till 30 September 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials. Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle. Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Secondary Education; a valid driver's license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Goroka
- Grade: GS-2, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-06-11