SVN 2017/107 (P) - Field Security Officer (Roving) (P2) - Juba, South Sudan
Position Title Field Security Officer (Roving)
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru,
Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the (CoM), direct supervision of Field Security Officer – Juba and administrative supervision of Head of Sub-Office, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for security and safety matters related directly or indirectly to IOM personnel and property in sub offices and temporary field locations across South Sudan. S/he will be responsible for ensuring safety and security of the IOM staff in accordance with UN/IOM security policy.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate, coordinate and establish networks with other international organizations, government security services and agencies working in the security management field, ensuring appropriate lines of communications relating to all aspects of staff security and safety of IOM staff in Bentiu are established and well maintained.
2. Provide information, technical support and assistance to IOM staff and FSO Juba regarding safety/security matters that will impact on IOM programmes.
3. Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) humanitarian access teams and conduct Security Risk Page 1 / 3Assessments (SRA) for IOM target locations in Area of responsibility. 4. Ensure all IOM staff and compounds have completed all MOSS/MORSS compliance requirements including but not limited to duly approved security clearance and effectively address all non-compliance findings. Develop and provide pre-departure safety/ security briefing for the staff based on information received and SRAs conducted.
5. Ensure all relevant safety/security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the staff members, FSO Juba and relevant HSO or team leaders.
6. Develop area specific security plan, identifying possible evacuation routes/location and adequately brief staff on the plan and routinely exercise the plan.
7. Report Security matters affecting staff safety directly to the relevant HDO or team leader and FSO-Juba liaise with various security services on the ground regarding safety/security issues of the Staff.
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Security Management, Social Sciences, International Studies, Communications or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. • Equivalent studies in the National Armed or Security forces of country of residence. Experience
• Experience in security management, law enforcement, preferably at an international level; • Extensive military experience, law enforcement, Disaster (Risk) Management, or alternatively a combination of relevant security training and field experience;
• Previous experience in UN Missions, International Peacekeeping or Emergency Missions; • Ability to discern and uphold the programmatic interest status and safety of the mission at all times;
• Ability to collaborate with senior military and government counterparts; • Ability to manage a high degree of rational behaviour and decision making at all times irrespective of the gravity of the security environment;
• Familiarity with the East and Horn of Africa context and previous working experience in the South Sudan an advantage;
• Experience in planning and execution of security agencies or organizations an advantage; • Must have a valid driver’s license and previous experience in dealing with law enforcement agencies an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; Page 2 / 3• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 19 June 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 06.06.2017 to 19.06.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/107 (P) - Field Security Officer (Roving) (P2) - Juba, South Sudan (55080209) Released
Posting: Posting NC55080227 (55080227) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Juba
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Security and Safety
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date: 2017-06-19