Consultancy - Search Engine Expert
New York City
A Federated Search expert will provide support for ECM team in developing technical requirements for implementation of federated search engine solution. Federated search will allows the simultaneous search of multiple searchable resources within UNICEF including EDRMS platform, SAP Data warehouse. O365 environment and others. Contract period is 2 months with a possibility of extensions pending the work.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the organization's processes. The term encompasses strategies, methods, and tools used throughout the lifecycle of the content.
- Participate in the assessment of customer requirements, determine technical feasibility and document results
- Draft technical specifications based on functional requirements
- Assist in the creation and enhancement of design and development standards
- Ensure in-depth application testing and integrate quality into all work
- Provide user and technical application documentation
- 5 years or more experience in search technology implementation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Google Search API
- Experience with the complete systems development lifecycle process.
- Ability to write detailed documentation (use cases, configuration instructions, and models) for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently in an overall multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: International Consultant
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2017-06-17