We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can fit the position of Senior Procurement Assistant in Akkar under the Logictics and Procurement department.
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The Senior Procurement Assistant is responsible for procurement of supplies, services and works for DRC Lebanon programmes and facilities, and for supporting ongoing improvements in supply chain management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Procure all services, materials and equipment ordered by the programmes in line with the DRC Operations Handbook and in a timely, efficient and transparent manner that achieves value for money.
• Responsible for conducting single quote and request for quotation processes, and supports the Area Logistics and Procurement Manager with carrying out national and international tenders. Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and ensure the bid evaluation report showing selection of suppliers contains all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made. Prepare the relevant documents for procuring and contracting goods, works and services.
• Coordinate Delivery of goods by land, air and sea in line with programme staff, budgets and needs, ensuring the most cost effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to projects. Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare these to actual lead times in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
• Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, works and services to ascertain the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
• Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC, verify supplier information and maintain a list of registered suppliers that can be used for regular and emergency procurements.
• Provide procurement related support and advice to programme staff as required.
• Support the Area Logistics and Procurement Manager to develop framework agreements with suppliers for regularly used goods and services, track such agreements and monitor upcoming expiry dates in time for the agreements to be re-tendered.
• Support on the daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required in the absence of the senior logistics assistant.
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Bachelor level in a related field of education
• Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and asset management
• Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Highly motivated, detail and solution oriented
• Proficiency in the use of ‘office systems’ (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
“Ideally, you will also have:
• Certificates and accreditations in supply chain courses are a plus
• NGO sector experience, in particular in international and humanitarian contexts
• Experience with construction and rehabilitation service contracting and management
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until the end of December 2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from end of June and be willing and able to work in Akkar office.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo
under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B+1 equivalant to 1,450 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 21-06-2017. The interviews are expected to take place within on week after the deadline.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo