Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst
Background Information - Myanmar
In addition,UNOPS Myanmar is Principal Recipient for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Myanmar and Cambodia, and for the Global Funds Regional Artemisinin-resistance Initiative targeting drug resistant malaria in the Greater Mekong sub-region.
UNOPS provides procurement, infrastructure and project management services to a wide range of organizations in the country, including the Government of Myanmar, international development partners, other UN agencies, NGOs and INGOs.
UNOPS Myanmar plays a critical role in ensuring that the quality of services provided to its partners meets stringent requirements of speed, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Background Information - Job-specific
The Three Millennium Development Goal Fund (3MDG) supports the provision of health services in Myanmar and contributes towards the country’s efforts to achieve the three health-related Millennium Development Goals. These goals include reducing child mortality, improving maternal health and combating HIV, tuberculosis and malaria.
3MDG places a special emphasis upon provision of maternal, newborn and child quality health services. 3MDG provides support to the Ministry of Health in order to contribute towards the development of a more effective and responsive health system. Established in 2012, the US$271million Fund is supported by seven international donors.
The 3MDG has confirmed funding until the end of 2017. The Fund extension until the end of 2018 is currently under consideration by the Fund donors.
Under the overall supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and under the direct supervision of the Monitoring an Evaluation Specialist(s) for Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH), the incumbent of the post will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical inputs into the design and implementation of 3DMG monitoring and evaluation system, policies, tools, processes.
• With Public Health Officers/Analysts, develop implementing partner (IP) M&E activities, targets, budgets and log frames.
• Monitor and analyse IP performance, and propose any initiative that may be necessary, including termination of, or adjustments to actions to ensure compliance with Fund policy and priorities.
• Review/clearance of technical and financial reports of IPs, focusing on data quality and M&E activity implementation.
• Oversee data collection, data entry and analysis processes to measure progress and achievements according to the M&E plan.
• Conduct regular field visits and Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) to ensure that reported data is accurate and in line with 3MDG and national standard indicators, planning and budgeting tools, partner log frames and the overall 3MDG Log Frame.
• Ensure RDQA data are analysed and ensure effective feedback and follow up is provided.
• Provide on-site coaching to project staff and project partners regarding data collection, accuracy and analysis to ensure RDQA action plans are implemented.
• Contribute to the application and maintenance of databases of all 3MDG funded projects.
• Build capacity of local counterparts in community level monitoring and evaluation efforts.
• Assess quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis tools, techniques and approaches, IP evaluation budgets and work plans;
• Organize meetings, workshops and other discussion forums to establish a dialogue on monitoring and evaluation results (recommendations/ lessons learned/feedback) and issues and ensure linkages with planning frameworks.
• Foster internal coordination, planning and learning by organizing learning and planning sessions, documenting best practices and supporting internal programme linkages and planning processes.
• Contribute to reports, analyse findings and assist in the development of recommendations.
• Ensure accurate and timely information is available to senior management and the Communications team.
• Conduct other duties as assigned.
- Master Degree in public health and relevant experience is required
- A Bachelor's degree in these areas with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be considered as equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working with health programs is required.
- Successful development and implementation of an M&E system at programme level highly desirable
- Work experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH) programs is a must
- Experience in community health programming will be a strong asset
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Myanmar language and English is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects,
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Excellent conceptual and analytical abilities and an analytic approach to information management.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, creation of new approaches.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement and incorporation of lessons learned and best practices into business process routines
- Demonstration of professional behaviour and personal ethics, transparency and openness to encourage respect and similar behaviour from colleagues in the workplace
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 9
Contract duration: 6 Months (possible of extension subject to the budget and performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Applicant must have to submit the cover letter along with the profile.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION AND ONLY MYANMAR NATIONALS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.