Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation of the programme/operations and financial management strategies;
- Support management and administration of project budget;
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the Project Management;
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Ensuring full compliance of financial processes, financial records and reports with UN WOMEN rules and regulations and other relevant policies on financial recording/reporting system. Follow-up on audit recommendations; Implementing effective internal controls over proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system;
- Providing day-to-day financial management and financial operations support to the project in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Providing inputs for implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies in consultation with the office management.
- Assisting in preparation and monitoring of project and operational budgets, assist in preparation of these budgets and maintain necessary budgetary controls and records;
- Collecting and presenting of financial information for formulation of the project/country programme work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities. Entry of new grants data into Atlas in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs), monitoring of AWP status;
- Ensuring accuracy verification of Delivery Reports;
- Provision of information for the audit of projects, implementation of audit recommendations;
- Implementation of the control mechanism for the projects through monitoring of budgets preparation and modifications;
- Tracking and reporting on mobilized resources;
- Preparation of financial reports;
- Analyzing, review and certification of the cost recovery charges levied by UNDP for their services in supporting programme implementation;
- Liaising with UNDP for banking, financial and other support required.
- Preparation and proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for projects; preparation of supporting documents required for creation of PO- and non-PO vouchers;
- Preparation of accurate financial reports and forecasts, including monthly and quarterly disbursement reports and financial reports for donors;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared and processed; travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Preparation of financial reports as required; provision of inputs to reports including donor reports;
- Generating project expenditure reports on monthly and ad hoc basis to review accuracy of expenditure data captured in Atlas;
- Analyzing expenditure incurred in line with the approved work plan of the implementing partner and flagging for deviations / exceptions;
- Providing support in linking the financial inputs with the physical progress under the project;
- Maintenance of filing of all financial and administration records and documents pertaining to project;
- Providing administrative coordination support for internal / external and annual audit exercise;
- Examining all financial reports and FACE forms from project partners for accuracy and alignment with the project budget and work plan and follow-up on correction of mistakes / deviations, if any;
- Providing other administrative and logistical support for procurement, events and meetings.
- Facilitation/conduction of trainings for the operations/programme/projects staff on Finance;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Finance;
- Providing of sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP/UN Women Financial Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP/UN Women Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Project.
- Quality of work;
- Relations with colleagues and ability to be an effective team player;
- Technical Skills;
- Knowledge of required procedures;
- Communication and listening skills.
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work;
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others;
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution;
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge;
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to support a team and team building skills;
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations;
- Strong IT skills;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to handle web-based management systems;
- Attention to detail.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. BA/BSc Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or any other related field whould be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in finance or related area is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Knowledge of working in ERP systems will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.