Vetted Experts Roster - Technical Support Services for Operations, Programme and Policy (UN Women Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (ECA RO))
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action globally. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors. The UN Women Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (ECA RO) was established in Istanbul, Turkey, at the beginning of 2014 as a part of the UN Women’s new regional architecture. The UN Women ECA RO leads and supports the field offices in presenting and positioning themselves as thought and action leaders on gender equality and women’s empowerment. Objective:Consultants play an important role in contributing to implementation of activities of the UN Women and they form significant part of capacities of the organization. In order to increase effectiveness of contracting process and enable instant contracting in emergency and urgent situations, ECA RO launched a competitive process to create a pool of qualified consultants and experts in following areas: Concept Note and Project/Programme Development
- Project/Programme Management Trainings
- Event Organisation and Facilitation
- ICT Services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roster members selected for the consultancy assignment will work with ECA RO and COs in the region;
- Provide technical support in designing, implementing or evaluating projects in the assigned areas;
- Organisation of Project/Programme Management trainings;
- Event Organisation (overall logistics, agenda, materials);
- Facilitation of Events (design the overall workshop structure, development of appropriate facilitation methodology, facilitation during events and production of final reports);
- ICT Services (web design and development, system development, data analytics).
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats people fairly and without favoritism.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and proactively solve problem;
- Capacity to plan, priorities and deliver tasks on times;
- Capacity to engage with national and international staffs, to provide clear feedback and maintain effective rapport with different kinds of people;
- Actively works towards continuing learning and share with other to support local capacity development;
- Ability to research, analyze and present complex information.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master Degree in Gender Studies, Social Science, International Relations, Political Science or related field, Administration or ICT.
- At least 3 years’ experience in any of these areas: design, implementation or evaluation of projects, ICT support services, event organization or management trainings;
- Experience in related fields in Europe and Central Asia region would be considered an asset;
- Previous professional experience with the United Nations or similar organizations in this or a related field would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN working language is an asset.
Contracting arrangements:Successful candidates will be included in the Vetted Roster of Experts for the maximum period of 3 years. Membership beyond the 3-year period must be renewed through a new application process. Entry into the expert roster system does not necessarily mean that contract with Un Women is guaranteed. Where a request for services arises, the UN Women shall directly contact consultants with the most appropriate experience from the roster. A specific Terms of Reference outlining outputs for each assignment shall be provided and a Special Service Agreement (SSA) will be issued. Conditions of a particular assignment may be negotiable.Application procedure:The following documents should be submitted as part of the application:
- P11 with past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment, a signed copy should be submitted.
- Financial Proposal* – maximum all-inclusive daily fee in USD.
- Examples of previous work related to relevant area.
*Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services). Financial proposal provided by the consultant is bound to the validity period (max. 3 years), unless the consultant applies to the roster during its re-opening. Consultants will be requested to provide a price offer for every assignment, amount can be reduced to make the offer more competitive, but it cannot exceed maximum daily fee approved for the roster.Evaluation of applicants:Consultants will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of qualifications and financial proposal. Membership will be awarded to the individual consultants whose offers have been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
- Having received the sufficient score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation can be recommended for the membership.Evaluation Criteria:Technical evaluation (70%) - max. points: 70;
- Master Degree in Gender Studies, Social Science, International Relations, Political Science or related field, Administration or ICT - max. points: 10;
- At least 3 years’ experience in any of these areas: design, implementation or evaluation of projects, ICT support services, event organization and management trainings - max. points: 25;
- Experience in related fields in Europe and Central Asia region - max. points: 10;
- Previous professional experience with the United Nations or similar organizations in this or a related field - max. points: 10;
- Fluency in English is required - max. points: 10;
- Knowledge of the other UN working language - max. points: 5.
Financial Evaluation (30%) – max. 30 points:The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion. A suggested formula is as follows: p = 30 (µ/z)Using the following values:p = points for the financial proposal being evaluatedµ = price of the lowest priced proposalz = price of the proposal being evaluatedDuration and Remuneration:Membership in the roster is valid for a maximum period of 3 years. Duration of contracts can vary from one day (1) to a maximum of three (3) years. Payments will be made as specified in the actual contract upon confirmation of UN Women on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.Consultant’s profile:Profiles of consultants who are included in the roster will be published on internal UN Women roster pages and they will be accessible for UN Women ECA RO and COs.