Interns for Maternal and Child Health Projects, Beijing, China
We are looking for two interns for our Health programme to join us for 6 weeks during the summer to support in the preparation of events organized in the area of Maternal and Child Health, including translation and other related tasks.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF China Health Programme supports the Government of China across a number of areas including through projects in maternal and child health and nutrition promotion, strengthening of service delivery, policy development, vaccination program strengthening, and accident prevention. We are now looking for support in the preparation of events organized in the area of Maternal and Child Health, and translation and other related tasks.
- Support in the preparation of MCH related events (50%).
Actively participate in the organizing of MCH related events and activities.
- Translation of project related documents and other tasks (50%).
English to Chinese translation of materials related to Maternal and Child Health
To qualify, you are
- A university student at graduate level, or recent graduate, with a major in medicine, epidemiology or related area
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Skilled in scientific writing and presentation
- Available and motivated to work for protecting the rights of every child for 6 weeks this summer
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
If you recognize yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, apply through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 505157) or send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: Level not specified
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2017-06-15