Senior Warehouse Assistant,GS7-Addis Ababa,Only for Nationalies of Ethiopia
UNICEF is seeking for a professional Senior Warehouse Assistant ensures the proper storage and timely and cost-effective delivery of supplies to UNICEF-assisted programs.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position:
Under the general supervision of the Warehouse officer, the Sr. Warehouse Assistant ensures the proper storage and timely and cost-effective delivery of supplies to UNICEF-assisted programs.
Key Expected Results
- Prepare dispatch schedule on the basis of distribution plans and consignee details provided by program sections and/or release order marking for every warehouse stock item on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with the contracted transport company on the need for types and numbers of truck requirements to distribute supplies as per dispatch scheduled on a timely basis.
- Liaise with recipients of UNICEF donated supplies located in the Federal and Regional institutions and provide them with advance notice on arrival of supplies to ensure availability of receiving capacity before the dispatch of supplies.
- Organize and handle monitoring system for collection of Governments Receipts (Model 19s) and provide quarterly report on regular basis.
- Make sure that vision inventory database is accurate, maintained properly and updated regularly.
- Supervise performance of Daily Laborers and the security guards and provide guidance on how to handle incoming and outgoing supplies and persons during and after working hours. Report on irregularities when observed.
- Establish time table for periodic physical inventory of warehouse stock and make sure that the time table of the physical count is respected.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
The capacity of the Sr. Warehouse assistant to effectively and efficiently carry out the above duties contributes to the efficient planning, management and oversight of cost effective inventory, storage and delivery of supplies and related services directly impact on program delivery of goals and results. This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility of UNICEF as an effective and responsible manager of funds entrusted to the organization and to furthering UNICEF image as a competent organization for delivering cost effective and sustainable program results.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- First degree in any Business related field and supplemented by technical training in warehouse management.
- Seven years of progressively responsible work experience in supply, logistics and warehouse management.
- Fluency in English is required – Oral and Written
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-06-23