Finance & Administration Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified "Finance & Administration Coordinator".
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 35 countries throughout the world. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery. DRC aims at protecting refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in Iran since the spring of 2012 through one office in Tehran. DRC Iran forms part of the regional DRC response to the Afghan displacement axis in Central Asia and South West Asia (CASWA), covering Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and Tajikistan.
About the job
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will facilitate the efficient and effective financial/administrative and Human Resources functioning of the DRC operations in Iran office. She/he will ensure compliance with all DRC Operations Handbook Manual (OH) alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules. S/he will be responsible for budgeting, financial planning, accurate reporting, auditability, smooth functioning of the finance and admin departments as well as assuring linkages with other departments, in particular through training and provision of advice.
She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/ instructions and support from Country Director, Regional Head of Finance and Administration and HQ Finance unit on their respective areas of responsibilities.
She/he will work closely with program and procurement and logistics colleagues to ensure timely implementation of DRC program activities in Iran.
- Supervise financial files (physical and soft copies) and records according to the DRC Operations handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring that budgets are prepared, together with the Program Coordinator and Program Quality and M&E Coordinator
- Responsible for maintaining Master Budget and ensuring appropriate allocations of support costs.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual DRC and donor reports preparation.
- Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations and minimum requirements
- Implement financial policies and procedures according to the DRC OH and Iranian law.
- Establish the cash requirements, and maintain adequate cash levels and related cash controls, safe custody of safe keys.
- Supervise weekly counts and reconciliations by DRC Operational office (finance assistant), as well as month end cash counts which must be submitted to DRC HQ by the 10th of each month.
- Confirm that full accountabilities (documentation) are obtained for all expenditures and validity of claims all financial claims.
- Supervise daily cash book entries (conducted by finance assistant) and ensure that monthly cash books are submitted to RHOFA on time every month.
- Ensure that the Iran Country Office’s tax, insurance, and social-security (SSO) calculations and payments are consonant with all relevant Iranian labour legislation.
- Ensure that all compulsory tax and SSO payments are paid on a timely and accurate basis to the Government of Iran.
- Ensure payroll is authorized by CD.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reconciliations, as and when required.
- Responsible to adequately prepare for both internal and independent audits.
- Keep copies of all documents submitted to DRC HQ on file for reference.
- Supervise and ensure deadlines are met for the scanning of vouchers and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor requirements and / or DRC OH manual.
- Inform the CD/RHOFA on all financial issues which can affect the execution of the DRC Programs.
- Ensure the safeguarding of all available funds.
- Supervise reconciliation of the accounts receivables/advances and Issue receipts for all the funds received.
- Responsible for efficient functioning of the DRC - Tehran office (to be conducted by admin assistant).
- Supervise the work of the Finance/Admin Assistant on all administration issues and matters related to management of the premises, utilities etc. within the office.
- Coordinate and forward to the Finance/Admin assistant all travel requirements local and international and procure travel tickets.
- Supervise the Finance/Admin Assistant, Office Attendants and Housekeepers.
- Responsible for updating of all e files in the back-up hard drive on a weekly basis.
- Supervise the scanning of finance vouchers and ensure timely submission to DRC HQ for onward dispatch to HQ on a monthly basis.
- Ensure a proper filing system is put in place for any Contracts in a separate file, using a chronological sequencing of contracts per project.
- Ensure contracts are respected and paid for according to agreed terms of payments.
- Manage any other relevant administrative management issues.
- Uphold the DRC’s Code of Conduct.
- Develop a tracking tool for office running costs, and the inputting of accurate cost estimates during the process of budget development for new grant applications.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Local Partner Support
- Conduct or supervise field visits and meetings with the finance staff of all local implementing partners, through the review of the partners’ financial documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- On a monthly basis, forward the partners’ financial documents on to DRC Copenhagen HQ.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in the preparation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with the local partners, especially in regards to their financial obligations.
- Capacity Building
- Train the non-finance DRC office staff in financial management and in the relevant financial sections of the DRC Operations Handbook.
The position reports directly to "Country Director".
Finance Assistant, Admin Assistant
Striving for excellence; Collaborating; Taking the lead; Communicating; Demonstrating integrity
Financial; Budgeting; Management; Human Resources; Administration
- 7 years
- Expertise in current financial software, such as Agresso or Sun Systems; experience in Navision is preferable
- Master’s degree in finance
- Fluent English
- Fluent Farsi
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
Contract length: Temporary 3 months contract.
Position: For national staff only
Location: Tehran, Iran (with some Travel in the region – Afghanistan as well as the areas of responsibility for DRC within Iran itself)
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment category: B2
25 June 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. If you have not received an invitation to interview within one month of the deadline, you have not been shortlisted for the position.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān
- Grade: Level not specified
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-06-25