ICLA Technical Officer (advocacy) National position - Ukraine
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with ICLA strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- ICLA specific technical responsibility for the implementation, quality control, monitoring, project documentation and tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of ICLA projects.
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Monitor and provide analysis of key legal concerns of IDPs and conflict-affected persons in Eastern Ukraine.
- Facilitate identifying and coordinating NRC ICLA’s strategic advocacy response to prioritized legal issues.
- Facilitate planning and implementation of NRC ICLA advocacy and communication activities (e.g. round tables, conferences, events, etc.) and the production of relevant materials (e.g. briefing notes, position papers, talking points and reports) in collaboration with Protection & Advocacy Coordinator and Communication Coordinator.
- Assist in strengthening NRC ICLA strategic networks and alliances.
- Compile narrative and statistical reports in the respective formats.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by ICLA Project Development Manager/Project Manager.
- Experience from working on the similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
- High education in law.
- Experience in Ukrainian policy-making process and advocacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of the context in East Ukraine.
- Good Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Academy college / University
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Working with people.
- Coping with change.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Commencement: July 2017
- Contract period: 1 year
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy
- Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine
- Travel: 40% (Kyiv)
- Travel: More than 100 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sievierodonetsk (Ukraine)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-07-23