Web and Social Media Analyst
Geneva | Geneva
Background Information - Job-specific
The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) is a global, multi-stakeholder membership and partnership organization that works with poor people, their organizations, governments, and small-scale entrepreneurs to improve sanitation and hygiene at scale. Founded in 1990, the Council maintains a membership of over 4,000 water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) professionals from 141 countries.
The United Nations Office of Project Services (UNOPS) is the legal and administrative host of WSSCC.
The mission of the Council is to ensure sustainable sanitation, better hygiene and safe drinking water for all people, with focus on the poorest and most marginalized members of society in low- and middle-income countries in Africa and Asia.
In order to achieve its mission, WSSCC facilitates sector coordination at national, regional and global levels, and engages rights holders and duty bearers to adopt policy guidelines on menstrual hygiene and disability.
The Council also supports national sanitation and hygiene improvement programmes through its Global Sanitation Fund, coordinates knowledge platforms, and advocates on behalf of the 2.4 billion people without access to improved sanitation. More information on WSSCC can be found on www.wsscc.org.
WSSCC is looking for a dynamic and proactive Web and Social Media Analyst to be part of the busy Corporate Communications, Production and Marketing team, under the External Affairs, Communications and Country Coordination (EACC) Department.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Communications Officer, the incumbent supports the department in the development and implementation of WSSCC’s social media strategy, with an eye to WSSCC’s brand and profile building. S/he uploads material to wsscc.org on a daily basis and develops social media content in line with WSSCC’s key priorities and audiences. This requires coordination with WSSCC partners’ social media managers around the world, and providing analytics to inform and improve the on-line strategy and work-plans. The incumbent ensures that WSSCC’s representation on external platforms is brand-coherent and current. S/he will also work with the team on the design and roll out of WSSCC’s improved website.
- Work with the team to develop and implement a Social Media Strategy and work plan aligned to the WSSCC Communications Strategy. Be responsible for uploading pre-approved content to website and social media channels.
- Work with the communications officer on the redesign of the website and coordinate the migration of information
- With the team, package and promote WSSCC activities and learning in a strategic and timely manner - generate innovate digital and multimedia products that will appeal to specific audiences. Assist the Graphics Analyst to draft a range of visual materials for online use
- Develop WSSCC’s on-line social community: increase WSSCC’s audience on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, YouTube and other relevant existing and emerging platforms. Monitor the conversation around WASH-related issues in order to suggest daily content for WSSCC social media channels. Keep up-to-date with new trends, developments and opportunities in the digital space, with recommendations
- Work proactively with the Resource Mobilization team to provide online support to fund raising initiatives and donor relations
- Promote search engine optimization and provide monitoring and analysis to streamline performance for better outcomes
- Monitor WSSCC representation on external websites to ensure that the brand is represented according to its guidelines
- Support External Affairs to build relationships with social media editors at leading news and media organizations
- Assist staff to optimise social media use, and manage access to WSSCC’s social media accounts
- Manage and maintain records and files to ensure archival record. Assist with the organisation, classification and systematic use of WSSCC’s photo library and filing system
- Perform other duties as required by the Communications Officer
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent), preferably in communications, multimedia, public relations or other related disciplines is required.
- A First level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with master’s degree or 4 years’ relevant experience with bachelor’s degree at the national or international level in communications, social media or advocacy related work preferable with an international organization.
Considered as an asset:
- Experience working on web sites for corporate, decentralized organizations /private sector
- Experience in implementing communication strategies
- Experience in digital fund raising
- International experience
- Experience using advanced tools for social media publishing, monitoring and marketing, such as Buffer, Hootsuite, TweetDeck
Fluency in English language is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Excellent communications skills, with experience of writing in English for news publications or websites
- Strong knowledge of interactive communications, website usability user interface design and all social media platforms. Experience of reporting and interpreting social media analytics
- Strong knowledge of best practices, latest trends and standards in the Internet space, including the ability to manage a WordPress content management system
- Understanding of global development issues
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Content Management Systems (Wordpress) and Microsoft Office is essential. Knowledge of specialist communications software (Photoshop, InDesign, video editing etc.)
- Good data visualization skills
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: International Specialist Level 1
Contract duration: One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible for abiding by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
APPLICANTS SHOULD INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH THEIR APPLICATIONS.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Geneva | Geneva
- Grade: IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement
- Closing Date: 2017-06-26