Marketing/Fundraising Coordinator (GS6), Bangkok, Thailand
It’s time to use your TALENTS to help UNICEF save lives and change lives of children. We are looking for A PASSIONATE STAFF with sharp creativity and analytical skills in Sales and Marketing area to help developing and implementing effective communication strategies through the use of traditional and new media for advance engagement with our valued donors.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of Fundraising Specialist, the incumbent will assist in developing fundraising strategic plan and implement donor cultivation and retention activities, using direct marketing technique to communicate with existing donors with advertising techniques that includes direct mailing, cell phone text messaging, digital/online marketing, and other form of new social media to get better engaged with donor.
- Assist in developing donor cultivation and retention fundraising strategies/tests, and implementation using direct marketing and any other applicable platforms to increase donor revenue and retention and to get better engaged with donors.
- Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carry out related operational tasks ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as agreed plan, and make amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Provide support in organizing a day to day briefing and dealing with contractors, suppliers, outsourced staff and relevant personnel within and/or outside the office to develop well-planed donor-centric communication materials and implement donor retention and cultivation campaigns through direct mailing,cell phone text messaging, digital/online marketing, and other forms such as social media to persuade one-time giving donors to become a regular giving donor and ensure that regular giving donors stay committed and make a larger regular giving value.
- Use PSFR team resources, provide support on evaluation of the performance of each activity and present expenditure and budget and progress against plans.
- Assist in identifying new fundraising opportunities and create plans to implement them (once approved put the plan into action in a timely and effective manner).
- Research, analyze, verify, and synthesize data and information to assist in the preparation of fundraising reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing existing and new channels. Also, identify best practices and lesson learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building in the area of work.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring for contractors, suppliers and outsources. This also include knowledge related to internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures.
- Provide overall administrative support to the team such as screening incoming correspondence/telephone calls, arranging meetings and drafting related minutes, maintaining the filing system, etc.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of Secondary School. University degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, preferred.
- Minimum six years of professional work experience in sales/marketing and/or fundraising combined with some administrative work experience. Hands-on experience in database management, campaign or account management is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Thai, both spoken and written.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within deadlines. Attention to details.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter and good judgment.
- Proven proficiency and good knowledge of computer applications, including data management related.
- Meet UNICEF Core Values and Competencies for level of the position: Commitment, Diversity &Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here.
How to apply:
The Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Please send application no later than 30 June 2017.
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24