Mass Media and Event Fundraising Officer (NO1), Bangkok, Thailand
It’s time to use your TALENTS to help UNICEF save lives and change lives of children. We are looking for A PASSIONATE STAFF with sharp creativity and analytical skills in Sales and Marketing area to help developing and implementing effective communication strategies through the use of traditional and new media for advance engagement with our valued donors.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under overall guidance of Fund Raising Officer, the incumbent is responsible for developing fundraising strategies, plans, implementation as well as managing Fundraising activities relevant to Telethon/Event/Integrated Media.
- Coordinate with Telethon/Event Fundraising Consultant in:
- Developing strategies and plans for Telethon/Event/Integrated Media Fundraising activities.
- Executing activities.
- Lead an implementation of the Telethon/Event/Integrated Media fundraising activities.
- Coordinate, organize, and secure agreement with external stakeholders (i.e., TV channel, a production house, corporate sponsors, donation facilities/platforms) for pre-event, event, and post-event activities.
- Support internal teams to coordinate with media partners and sponsors.
- Lead and manage all activities relevant to Telethon/Event/Integrated Media; including thank you letters and other appreciation to donors and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Monitor success of each activity and prepare progress report against the work plan and targets. Collect, interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and model(s), and provide reports, insights, and recommendation. Use information gained from the analysis to develop budget and forecast of future activities.
- Perform other duties, as required by supervisor.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advance University degree in Marketing, Communication or related field.
** A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. **
- Minimum of one year professional work experience at managerial level the field of sales/marketing activities/projects combine with campaign management and administration.
- Highly organized and logical, able to manage and priorities multiple tasks and several simultaneous projects and priorities efficiently, to work under pressure, meet deadlines and see projects through.
- Thai Nationality only.
- Good organizational and communications (oral and written) skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter and good judgment.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within deadlines.
- High fluency in written and spoken English and Thai.
- Meet UNICEF Core Value and Competencies: Commitment, Diversity &Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
To view our competency framework, please click here.
How to apply:
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Please send application no later than 30 June 2017.
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24