Rapid Response Assistant (National Position), Duhok - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Rapid Response Assistant position is to assist in day to day implementation of the rapid response project portfolios, comprised of rapid assessments, non-food items (NFI) distributions and/or emergency cash activities to implement delegated responsibilities of Rapid Response Officer and promote ideas for improvement of the support function. The position will be based in Zumar with Frequent visits the areas of new displacement in (Nineveh, Zumar and Tall Kayf).
The Rapid Response Assistant will be reporting to the Rapid Response Officer in Dohuk.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate and an experience from working as a project assistant in humanitarian and recover/context in office management/economics or related fields with minimum two (2) years of experience as RRM Assistant in distribution operations. The candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Fluency in spoken and written Kurdish and Arabic is required for this position with ability to speak/write also in English. The candidate is expected to have skills in report writing. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct are also required.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide support with data entry upon request.
- Conduct door to door visits/ interview over the phone to the households and correctly fill project related forms and questionnaires.
- Supervise and monitor the distribution labor force as well as transportation contractors of the non-food items (NFIs) from the warehouse and when downloading in the distribution locations.
- Actively participate and conduct needs, market and vulnerability assessments
- Daily reports to the Rapid Response Officer on progress of the activities as well as any challenges/obstacles identified in the field.
- Ensure that distribution/assessment activities are implemented in accordance with NRC’s standards and planning as well Government rules and regulations.
- Holding a Bachelor / Diploma degree
- Experience working with NFI and cash distributions in an NGO.
- Experience with conducting multi-sectoral assessments and market assessment; experience with mobile data collection and KoBo mobile application.
- Fluency in spoken and written Kurdish and Arabic is required for this position with ability to speak/write also in English.
- Knowledge about the areas in Ninawa province
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
The post will be for 5 Months duration with possibility of extension subject to fund
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position
Duty Station: Zumar with Frequent visits the areas of new displacement in (Nineveh, Zumar and Tall Kayf).
For more information, please find attached the job description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Duhok
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Closing Date: