CFA 2017/24 (P)- Associate Programme Officer (UG) - Nairobi, Kenya
Call for Applications
Position Title Associate Programme Officer
Duty Station :Nairobi, Kenya Classification Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Chief of Party of the Somalia Stabilization Initiatives (SSI) Programme and the direct supervision of the Reporting Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Grants, and Programme Development units with reporting on the implementation of grants in accordance with the priorities established by the Senior Management team and according to the established IOM and OTI procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Collect and analyse political, security, socio-economic, and other relevant updates on SSI project areas in collaboration with the field team.
2. Draft and edit weekly political, security and programmatic updates for the weekly report in order to inform SSI programing.
3. Assist in drafting and editing quarterly, annual and any other program specific documents. 4. Liaise on a regular basis with team members based in Mogadishu, Baidoa and Kismayo to collect their inputs.
5. Conduct desk reviews, and edit scoping mission reports for expansion into new program areas.
6. Respond to any ad hoc request for information from OTI partners and liaise with the field team to collect information.
7. Assist the program unit in the submission of strategy documents to IOM and OTI. 8. Maintain an updated matrix showing reporting status for each grant. 9. Assist in updating narrative records and photographic files, in accordance with program Page 1 / 3standards and requirements.
10. Assist in capacity building for staff in areas of impact reporting, program development, and strategic communication.
11. Undertake duty travel to Mogadishu, Baidoa, or Kismayo, as required. 12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Development, Political Science, International relations, Diplomacy, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or • University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in the field of research, analysis, report writing, governance, or development with international organizations or NGOs ;
• Proven experience in report writing, analytical writing in English; • Experience with USAID stabilization programming preferred;
• Knowledge of development program planning and implementation;
• Proficiency in computer skills, especially MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.); • Understanding of socio-political dynamics of Somalia is an added advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this Call for Application (CFA) is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, Page 2 / 3accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 28 June 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 15.06.2017 to 28.06.2017
Requisition: CFA 2017/24 (P)-Associate Programme Officer (UG) - Nairobi, Kenya (55088802) Released Posting: Posting NC55088803 (55088803) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-06-28