The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate -resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal number of members from developed and developing countries. The Fund is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Consultant will be based at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea. The position is for a 6-month period with the possibility of an extension.
The Division of Mitigation & Adaptation (DMA) is looking for a Consultant that has a proven technical expertise in the field of financial analysis and financial modelling combined with a strong background in origination and structuration ofprojects/programs to primarily enhance the capacity of DMA in the review and due diligence of publicsector projects and in the execution of the Funded Activity Agreements (FAAs). Dutiesand responsibilities
The Consultant will work under the guidance of the Director of Mitigation and Adaptation and/or the Co-ordinators for Adaptation and Mitigation and is expected to:
• Provide technical expertise in the negotiation of the FAAs for approved GCF projects; • Ensure the appropriate translation of approval conditions into the FAAs; • Ensure and track timely negotiation of the GCF Project FAAs in conjunction with each task manager and the Legal Department;
• Ensure and record that all sign-offs have been gathered prior to entering into an FAA. • Ensure and record that the AE has complied with all approval conditions prior to 1tdisbursement; • Maintain the pipeline of approved projects and ensure that it is up to date in all respects; • Develop and maintain a red -flag system to alert the Director DMA to any events threate ning the signing or execution of a FAA within the deadlines set;
• Support the negotiation of the Accreditation Master Agreements (AMA) between the AEs and the Fund;
• Lead or support as appropriate the drafting of related Board papers;
• Interact with the other Divisions/Offices in particular to what regards to the development of templates, guidelines documents and policies on the Fund’s investment framework, t he approval and review process and the financial/economic aspects of proposals; and
• Undertake any other tasks as may be assigned by, and mutually agreed with the Director of DMA and/or the Adaptation/Mitigation Co-ordinators.Requiredexperienceandqualifications • Master’s degree in economics, finance, law, or related fields;
developer or industrial company, or in a major Development FinanceInstitution;
• Experience drafting and negotiating contracts and/or loan agreements for project finance; • Experience drafting approval notes for investment and credit committees;
• Experience working at a development bank or structuring deals with development banks will be favorably considered;
• Exceptionally strong track record of working within cross functional teams to structure and close deals;
• Passion about delivery and focus on results;
• Experience with climate finance and/or development markets is advantageous; and • Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage. Applications fromwomen and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged. Interested candidates, are required to send an e-mail attaching their CV and a letter of interest in a single file to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Olsson, Anna)
Subject line: “Financial Consultant”
Please indicate yourearliest availability to take up theassignment.
Closing date for applications is 29of June2017(KST). Applications submitted after the closing date may not beconsidered.