Mobile Health Team Supervisor
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Mobile Health Team Supervisor
Number of Positions:
The position is project Based
Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
18, June, 2017
28, June, 2017
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The mobile health team supervisor is responsible for the mobile teams, he/she will supervise the activities of mobile teams, provide technical and administrative support to the teams and will report to deputy technical manager of BPHS.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Graduated from recognized University MD degree.
At least 3 years’ experience in relevant field
BPHS experience will be an additional asset.
Sufficient responsible experience in the relevant field
Good communication and interpersonal skill
Must be fluent in local languages specially (Pashto & Dari)
Good command of English language is desirable
Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and communication skills
Being an Afghan citizen.
- Follow a developed plan of actions and give early notice in case of deviations. To visit, support and supervise concern mobile health clinics within a given area, on regular basis, and ensure that activities are implemented according to plan.
- To asses and evaluate that health activities are in accordance to plan and regulations. Any deviation or difficulty should, when possible, be solved together with the concerned health facility staff.
- To take note of previous record made during supervisory visit to health facilities.
- To examine the clinic performance and its impact on improving the health situation in the community.
- To encourage the clinic staff to form good relation with authorities.
- To be able to do rapid assessment in case of emergencies or outbreak of diseases and coordinate with other health providers and report it to the project office for further help.
- To assist to clinic in establishing community health committee and their work toward a broad community participation in maintenance and support for the clinic.
- To evaluate medicine stock and whenever is necessary collect and redistribute surplus medicine between mobile health clinics.
- To plan monthly, quarterly and yearly plan of action for the visit of the clinics in the designated area of responsibilities of the supervisor.
- Assist the line manger in development of a local work plan, budget and proper reporting.
- To carry out training need assessment of the staff.
- To assess the individual staff performance at the clinic, introduce staff in need of further training to the health training center and to carry out on job training at the clinic and also facilitate training sessions.
- To develop and design curriculum and lesson plan for the different trainings including MCH required for proper implementation of project.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Application without proper job number/post title and after closing date will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
© Copyright 2015 Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Laghman (Afghanistan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2017-06-28