Tegucigalpa | Tegucigalpa
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Administrative Assistant provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery at Project Centre. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with operations and project staff at Project Centre, as well as with staff of other UN agencies to ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of administrative and secretarial support
- Provision of logistical and procurement support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures system maintenance and reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Input and extraction of data from various automated UNOPS systems, such as human resource, finance, procurement, travel, etc. Verification of data from hard copy records and files.
- Design and update of charts and statistical tables, using graphics software.
- Information-gathering and preparation of reports for statistical and monitoring purposes.
- Review and analysis of system operational problems and resolution of data discrepancies.
2. Provides administrative and secretarial support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely processing of incoming and outgoing mail and documentation related to administrative matters; maintenance of the corresponding register and distribution as appropriate.
- Support to organization of meetings, conferences, workshops, retreats; preparation of agenda and logistics arrangements, including circulation of the documentation to be reviewed.
- Drafting of minutes, when required, and follow up as needed.
- Establishment and maintenance of hard and on-line records for easy reference and retrieval. Closure/archiving of all files and final reports on systematic basis.
- Provide support to the project office during peak workload seasons or serve as a substitute in related activities (as required) to ensure compliance with work objectives
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange information related to administrative activities and seek cooperation to resolve routine administrative issues and potential problems.
- Prepare relevant documentation to initiate payment process.
3. Provides logistical and procurement support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Within delegated authority, initiation of actions related to: travel arrangements, payments, purchases and delivery of equipment and supplies; tracking and monitoring status of actions.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Procurement of office supplies and equipment through quotations and raising purchase orders in One UNOPS.
- Ensure the provision of office and hygienic supplies for the Office operation??
- Support in preparation for the arrival of new members into the work team (workstations, telephone, office supplies).
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records and files on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
5. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the administrative/logistical services in UNOPS, in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach strengthens the capacity of the office/unit in the provision of administrative/logistical services.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
- Good knowledge of the UNOPS filing system
- Understanding of UNOPS operations procedures
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and reports
- Organized, attention to detail, able to prioritize and process large volume of work
- Aptitude for working with computers, and ability to utilize a variety of software applications
- Ability to interact and communicate within a team and with clients
- Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Intermediate knowledge in written and oral English and the language of the duty station required.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 4
Contract duration: until December 31 2017 ( extensions may be granted based on budget availability and performance)
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Tegucigalpa | Tegucigalpa
- Grade: LICA-4, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-06-27