SVN 2017/117 (P) - Information Management Coordinator (P2) - Juba, South Sudan
Position Title Information Management Coordinator
Duty Station :Juba, South Sudan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 03 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador,
Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa Context:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Operations and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and in coordination with the client departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of the information management activities in South Sudan through the Information Management Unit. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the operational coordination and management of the Information Management Unit (IMU) to ensure provision of data management, analysis, visualization and mapping for all departments in the mission.
2. In coordination with the cluster leads, provide technical inputs and other information for the development, implementation and monitoring of an Information management strategy for CCCM, Shelter/NFI clusters for evidence based decision making and advocacy for humanitarian response planning in South Sudan.
3. In close coordination with the Programme Support Unit (PSU) and Programme Coordinators, assist in the development of information products for donors and publications. Page 1 / 34. Carry out preliminary data analysis to highlight information gaps and to facilitate the use of data for evidence based response planning and programme development.
5. Collaborate with IMU colleagues on the design and implementation of technical aspects of IM solutions for the workflow and documentation management of the administrative and operational processes of the mission. Ensure compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure with IOM IT policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability, information security and to meet end user’s needs.
6. Supervise Information Management staff, and prepare and organize appropriate training for data collection teams on issues related to IM operations including methods and procedures. 7. Train and support field works related to survey and assessment; database assistants in the use, maintenance and support of database system.
8. Work closely with United Nations (UN) agencies, Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other stakeholders on matters related to IM and participate in hub level Inter-Cluster Information Management Working Group and other relevant working groups.
9. Promote the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping by ensuring data collection has relevance to GIS coding.
10. Assist in the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required and needed by Programs.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management Systems, Geoinformatics, Data Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in designing and implementation of Information Management methodology and systems; selection of appropriate technology standards for IM;
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, visualization, mapping, document designing;
• Experience in data base development/management, website development/content management are an advantage;
• Extensive knowledge of humanitarian and development programming, information
requirements are an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
Page 2 / 3• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 03 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 20.06.2017 to 03.07.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/117 (P) - Information Management Coordinator (P2) - Juba, South Sudan (55093993) Released
Posting: Posting NC55093998 (55093998) Released
Page 3 / 3