Familylinks Answers Application - Integration Specialist
Purpose of the Post
Familylinks Answers is a specialised application for the restoring family links (RFL) services of the Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies, which is developed, deployed and supported by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
To learn more on restoring family links, please go to
Familylinks Answers is a web-based application that takes advantage of latest technologies. It allows online entry and therefore timely access to the data, and it benefits from ICRC long standing experience and wide range of expertise in managing data and restoring family links.
Familylinks Answers is part of a wider bigger data and web ecosystem built by the ICRC that aims to increase the speed and to facilitate the sharing of data and the treatment of cases between Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies, with the ICRC and other partners.
Familylinks Answers Integration Specialist is responsible for leading the deployment and integration of Familylinks Answers in the pre-selected Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies adopting the application.
Familylinks Answers Integration Specialist will work for the Protection Data Unit at the ICRC Headquarters in Geneva (OP PROT DATA), under the supervision of the Familylinks Answers Product Manager.
This “flying position” requires extensive travel worldwide, notably conducting numerous missions (at least 5 missions a year) to Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Deploy Familylinks Answers (FL Answers) application to pre-selected Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies according to the deployment plan. Train and support the National Society Tracing Department staff during the deployment to ensure integration and customisation of Familylinks Answers according to the needs of the adopting National Society:
- Analysis and evaluation of the specific needs of the National Society adopting FL Answers
Advise the National Society adopting FL Answers on eventual data migration from existing system
- Prepare and organise data to be migrated
- Adopt a data migration strategy
Deploy, setup and configure FL Answers as per identified needs
- Setup the application as per the pre-deployment analysis
- Adapt the forms
- Create the dashboards
- Assist partially the National Society in performing the data migration.
Setup user profiles and user access rights
- Create teams and users in coordination with the National Society
- Attribute users rights in cooperation with the protection coordinator
Provide training to the Trainers and Supers Users of the National Societyadopting Answers
- Train the Super Users to manage their database
- Train the trainers to train other users
- Train the end-users in the main office and if required in the sub-sites
- Report bugs & problems to the Product Manager
- Suggest improvements to the Product Manager
- Share lessons learned to the Product Manager
Education and experience required
The post holder must have:
- Experience as an ICRC data administrator in at least two ICRC delegations; OR the equivalent level of experience or expertise in data management gained working for a Red Cross and Red Crescent National Society
- Training experience in data management
The following would be an asset for the post holder:
- Experience with National Society RFL Activities, such as cooperation in RFL capacity building with National Society
- Experience in project management or change management
Profile and skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong training skills
- Expertise in FL Answers, Prot6 or an equivalent case management system
- Communication skills. Ability to present information management issues to non-specialists.
- Writing and oral skills in English.
- French and Spanish is an asset.
- Autonomy, flexibility and interest in organisational changes
Length assignment: end of 2018 extendable
Mobile position based in Geneva
Starting date: 01 September 2017
Application deadline: July 16th 2017
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-09-01