Information Managemant Officer (National Contract)
We are looking for a highly qualified Information Management Officer for our program in Antakya - Hatay, Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
The Information Management Officer (Database Officer) is responsible for data and information management from all activities implemented in DRC Antakya - Hatay.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design/develop, test, maintain, support and improve the database and information management systems at base level, both for DRC directly implemented activities and through partners
- Support the design, set up and roll out of information management systems between DRC and its implementing partners
- Manage database of confidential information, inputting data related to special needs requests and responses
- Ensure data consistency and integrity across DRC Turkey projects at base level
- Coordinate closely with project staff across DRC projects at base level to ensure their data collection and management needs are met
- Obtain, compile and analyze data on the program indicators, and disseminate in appropriate formats for improving the programmatic decision making and planning process
- Produce statistical analysis and reports on project data on request.
- Participate in developing and designing a national database that maintains and organize DRC activities data and support in reporting, project tracking and data analysis.
- Ensure there is provision for data security (including strict data handling and confidentiality protocols), weekly backup and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Assist with project field monitoring, as required
- Enhance and build capacities of DRC staff in terms of database use and maintenance, data quality, and basic analysis through on-going support and trainings
- Any other duties as agreed with the information Management Officer, Head of Office, Project Managers/Officers
To be successful in this role you must have university degree in a relevant field, experience in IT and database management systems.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in IT and database management systems (MySQL, MS ACCESS and MSSQL)
- Strong background/experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Demonstrated skills in PC troubleshooting, software and hardware support, networking, data backup, creating data entry forms and generating database reports
- Experience in visualization techniques using Tableau software and web driven visualization methods
- Experience in developing database and web application using Java and PostGres
- Advanced ODK coding skills
- Server maintenance, IT and networking skills
- Fluent Arabic skills and good knowledge of Turkish. Working knowledge of English is also required.
- Experience in developing large scale database and web application.
- Experience in data analysis using SPSS and Stata
- Experience in INGO
Required Skills and Competencies
- Being proactive.
- Target oriented.
- Having methods for problem solving.
- Being a good communicator, both written and spoken.
- Having competent teamwork abilities.
- Having documentation and organizational skills.
- Having analytical thinking abilities.
- Being able to plan technical solutions.
- Being self-motivated.
- Having a competent judgment to inform problems to superiors on time.
- Being deadline oriented.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work between 1-15 July 2017 and be willing and able to work in Antakya - Hatay.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 28 June 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Antakya
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-06-28