VN 2017/142 (P) - Operations Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Operations Officer
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 04 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador,
Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa Context:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Movement Management Manager and overall guidance of the Chief, Resettlement and Movement Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of various movement operations, ensuring compliance to Movement Management Policies and Procedures and providing technical support to Operations staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Liaise, communicate and coordinate with relevant IOM missions, international agencies, voluntary and Government agencies on all operational matters relevant to refugee resettlement, family reunification and other types of movements.
2. Ensure compliance to Movement Management policies, procedures and guidelines, and provide guidance and technical support to Operations staff in field Missions. 3. Coordinate and implement the Movement Management activities of the Swiss Voluntary Returns programme (SWISSREPART) in coordination with IOM Bern. Verify and ensure the recording of costs submitted by field missions for the Swiss Family reunification programme. Page 1 / 34. Monitor, prepare reports and provide guidance on various transportation arrangements. 5. Review and monitor the usage of Movement management tools by all operations staff worldwide; provide training and support/guidance in the usage of Amadeus, MIMOSA, iGATOR and other in house system application tools.
6. Prepare and analyze travel projections in order to foresee movement trends and plans; compile accurate movement statistics and reports.
7. Manage and coordinate urgent movements and serve as the Focal point for all IOM Passengers stranded in EU Transit points.
8. Collaborate with the Humanitarian Evacuation Cell (HEC) with Charter flights movement management.
9. Manage and coordinate movement for cases determined by the Programme Managers on behalf of field offices and for cases departing from Switzerland.
10. Ensure the provision of airport assistance at Geneva Airport and monitor assistance at Zurich airport by the service provider (Check Port); verify for payment Invoices for Assistance provided by Check Port and coordinate settlement in a timely manner.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience Experience
• Experience in movement management;
• Operational or field experience in refugee and migration related issues an advantage; • Good writing, communications and negotiation skills; good analytical skills; • Good organizational and administrative skills:
• In-depth knowledge of movement management Systems; Amadeus, MiMOSA and iGATOR; • Advanced knowledge and understanding of computerized information systems; Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; Page 2 / 3• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.06.2017 to 04.07.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/142 (P) - Operations Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland (55095758) Released Posting: Posting NC55095801 (55095801) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-07-04