Team Lead, Transactional Functions
Bangkok | Bangkok
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - GSSC
The UNOPS Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) is a Corporate Support Group (CSG) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The GSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration and payroll.
Background Information - Job-specific
The incumbent is to supervise and lead the personnel under the Transactional Functions Team. He/she works in close collaboration with UNOPS HQ personnel as well as with operations, programme and project teams in the field to successfully deliver administrative/financial/support services.
Under the supervision of the GSSC Manager in collaboration with the Finance Group (FG) and Corporate Support Group (CSG), the incumbent will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Establish solid working relationship between the team and its key stakeholders
- Manage communications and ensure that stakeholders are aware of the Transactional Functions Team’s activities, issues, deadlines for request submission and updates on policies and procedures
Delivery and Performance:
- Full compliance of administrative/financial activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Analyse and monitoring of the Transactional Functions Team’s services; recommendations for changes in policies, systems and procedures to ensure services are aligned with changing business needs and objectives
- Work closely with FG and policy owners in developing and drafting guidelines, training and communication materials
- Work closely with the Transactional Functions clients/users to ensure efficient implementation of the processes
- Manage the delivery of the required services as per the agreed deadlines (supplier approval, DSA/travel payment, finance transactions) and initiate corrective actions where necessary
- Manage the quality of the services rendered by Transactional Functions Team
- Liaise with UNOPS personnel in HQ and in the field where Transactional Functions Team services are provided to
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team
- Identify and report opportunities and threats to Transactional Functions Team’s services to supervisor
- Ensure full compliance with UNOPS FRRs and relevant ODs and AIs
- Prepare the following reports:
o Monthly reports for monitoring the number of transactions provided by the team
o Quarterly reports for lessons learned
o Ad hoc reports based on exceptional requests from policy owners
- Draft internal SOPs within the team and SOPs for the users of the Transactional Functions Team services
- Ad hoc trainings and presentations for the users of the Transactional Functions Team services
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- Provide feedback to FG and policy owners on policies, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies
- Complete lessons learned as per reporting format
- Lead and motivate the team
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the Head of GSSC
- Select, recruit and train team as required
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Ensure safety and security for all personnel and comply with UNDSS standards
- Perform other related duties as required.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administrative management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions). Previous experience within UNOPS and UNOPS FRR would be an asset. Previous experience with Agresso would be an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English required. Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: IICA-1
Contract duration: 1 Year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Bangkok | Bangkok
- Grade: IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement
- Closing Date: 2017-07-04