Consultant to develop Strategic Plan for the Elimination of Obstetric Fistula (OFSP) UNFPA Country Office, Juba, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan)
Consultancy to develop Strategic Plan for the Elimination of Obstetric Fistula (OFSP)
The purpose of the consultancy is to support and lead the Ministry of Health and the national Obstetric Fistula task team in a technically grounded, consultative and participatory planning process, to include extensive consultations with relevant stakeholders. The substantive outcome will be a costed five-year Strategic Plan for the Elimination of Obstetric Fistula (OFSP) in South Sudan for the period 2018 –2023.
The consultant will lead and guide the process of developing the full five-year strategic plan and work with the MOH and the national task team, stakeholders and partners to facilitate the development of the Strategic Plan. The consultant will work under the overall guidance of the Representative and direct supervision of the Deputy Representative. He/ she will be required however to work in close collaboration with Reproductive Health/Fistula Analyst and team as the work is strongly related to integrated Sexual Reproductive Health
The consultancy is for duration of 5 weeks (mid-July to mid-August 2017).
- Week 1: Submission of inception report Discussion and Approval of inception report (task team meeting);
- Week 2: One day Validation workshop on Desk Reviews, FGDs, KIIs;
- Week 3: Submission of Draft Strategic Plan (without costing) and Two day Validation workshop on Draft Strategic Plan;
- Week 4: Submission of revised draft of OFSP with costing;
- Week 5: Meeting to discuss costed draft and Submission of Final OFS
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health, Social Science or other directly relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and skills in obstetrics and gynecology;
- Experience and skills in Developing Polices, strategies and Strategic Plan on Obstetric Fistula;
- Experience in programming, led strategic planning processes;
- Qualification and experience in social science and or public health;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Experience in research will be an advantage.
- Applicants should submit their applications via email. Please send your cover letter and P11 (www.unfpa.org/resources/p11-
un-personal-history-form) and other supporting documents toSSCO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please highlight clearly the position for which you are applying.
- Deadline for applications: 3 July 2017, 12:00 midnight, South Sudan time.
- We will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom the Country Office has further interest.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: Consultant
- Closing Date: 2017-07-03
Regional Equity Situation Analysis of Children and Women (SitAn) 2019 consultant, (6 months),(Open for non-Ethiopian Nationals)UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
FS-6, Field Service - No need for Higher Education - Internationally recruited position
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
New York City (United States of America)