Child Protection Officer
Provide technical support to UNICEF in transitional justice to ensure the introduction of the child approach. Design and elaboration of specific documents for the Truth Commission to include the approach of childhood and to ensure the participation of children. Design and elaboration of specific documents on justice, especially for the Special Jurisdiction for Peace (JEP) on the treatment of children, adolescents victims, witnesses or who may be considered perpetrators. Technical support to the work with the Victims Unit (UARIV) in the field of reparation of children and adolescents .Technical support on non-repetition guarantees with an emphasis on reconciliation and peacebuilding with children.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Child Protection Officer reports to the Chief, Child Protection Section or Child Protection Specialist for supervision. The Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Key Expected Results
- Support to program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
A University Degree preferable in Law,but also will be consider; international development, human rights, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in transitional justice issues
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports and conceptual documents.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language is required.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and researching
- Planning and organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bogotá
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Legal - International Law
- Closing Date: 2017-07-06