CFA 2017/28 (P) - Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (UG) - Amman, Jordan
Call for Applications
Position Title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station :Amman, Jordan Classification Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :01 August 2017
Closing Date : 06 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
The IOM is the only international inter-governmental agency with a specific mandate for migration and is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing technical expertise to governments, migrants and host communities through a wide range of sustainable solutions contributing to end forced migration and/or improve displacement conditions. IOM has also a leading role in the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Cluster, participates in coordinated humanitarian responses, and engages in inter-agency collaboration to meet the needs of affected-persons and contribute to their protection.
The conflict and violence in Syria has continued to create surges of people crossing the borders from Syria into neighbouring countries. The number of Syrians registered or awaiting registration in host countries has surpassed 5 million and nearly 6 million have been displaced inside Syria. Host governments and humanitarian actors, including IOM, are providing relief assistance and protection to this extremely vulnerable population living with host families and in increasingly crowded camps and settlements. The combination of an extremely large displaced population and the accelerating rate of new arrivals is posing a growing challenge to reception communities’ capacity and host government’s response mechanisms.
As a member of the UN Humanitarian Country Team in Syria and all concerned neighbouring countries (Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and Turkey), the IOM Director General has declared a Level 3 emergency to enhance organizational humanitarian assistance and priorities related to internally displaced persons (IDPs), refugees and returnees, and is actively participating in the emergency response within this rapidly changing humanitarian context.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, technical guidance of the IOM Syria Crisis Coordination team and direct supervision of the Emergency Coordinator, the incumbent will be Page 1 / 4responsible in will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities for the project. S/he will also be tasked with the production of regular internal and external reports, as well as visibility material for the same project. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation, periodic review, application and improvement of monitoring and evaluation systems of the programme at Amman hub (southern Syria), in order to measure the progress related to the achievement of the expected outcomes, outputs and activities defined in the project documents. This includes liaising with IOM Whole of Syria Officer on M&E best practice, tools and WoS frameworks for incorporation into the hub level programming. 2. Support the development and testing of M&E methods at all levels (hub and Whole of Syria), revise, recommend and assist in the implementation of recommendations to improve the efficiency of current monitoring systems.
3. Support implementation of quality control mechanisms to improve the quality of the collected information, ensuring consistency across field offices, programmes and donor requirements. 4. Produce analysis of programme data and identify methods to use results for services and programme improvement; work together with sectoral and programme partners to gather and analyze data for project management and evaluation
5. Assist in organizing evaluation of programme and policies including through review of methodology, survey tools, or suggesting data collection techniques or approaches in the implementation of planned activities.
6. Share findings and recommendations of programme reviews and evaluations to relevant programme managers to ensure that related recommendations are well-understood and taken into account for the continued implementation of the programme and future project development 7. Provide technical guidance, training and support to field staff and other implementing partners operating in southern Syria regarding M&E tools and mechanisms in close coordination with the IOM WoS M&E Officer.
8. Ensure finalization of documents or regular reports including but not limited to quarterly progress reports, situation reports, briefing and background information required by IOM WoS, donors, Government and other entities in coordination with the WoS team.
9. Stay up to date regarding assessments and reports produced by other agencies and organizations and ensure relevant and important information is incorporated in IOM Jordan and WoS reports and future strategies.
10. Ensure appropriate liaison with Information Management Unit is maintained for tracking and reporting
11. Ensure donor reporting and implementation requirements are communicated to implementing partners including visibility guidelines.
12. Develop and maintain close liaison with the IOM WoS team, including M&E staff across all hubs. Participate in technical M&E WoS meetings and calls.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Page 2 / 4Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Humanitarian affairs, Project Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
• Strong analytical, planning and people management skills; and the ability to establish working relationships with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs. • Ability to supervise and train support staff; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to work with accuracy under constraints and pressure; to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others and to have high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, creative thinking. • Good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic and/or other local language is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Page 3 / 4Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 06 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 23.06.2017 to 06.07.2017
Requisition: CFA 2017/28 (P) - Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (UG) - Amman, Jordan (55098095) Released
Posting: Posting NC55098096 (55098096) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Amman (Jordan)
- Grade: UG
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-07-06
Batch Recruiment - Internal Auditor, P-4, Office of Internal Audit and Investigations, New York (3 positions)UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
New York City (United States of America)
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Incheon | kr (Korea (Republic of))
Level not specified
Port-au-Prince | Bentiu (Haiti)