Human resources Analyst
Addis Ababa | Addis Ababa
Background Information - Job-specific
Established in 2009, UNOPS Ethiopia Office has been providing services to various partners, including the government of Ethiopia, UN agencies such as WHO, UNHCR and WFP, and other international organizations. In 2014, the UNOPS Executive Director decided to establish the UNOPS Ethiopia Operational Hub (ETOH), which manages and coordinates the UNOPS activities in Ethiopia, Sudan and Djibouti.
UNOPS ETOH activities range from tailor-made administration, operations, human resources, and logistics support for implementation of development and humanitarian projects; infrastructure and procurement management services; and advisory services to partners to facilitate effective procurement, supply, and financial management.
Under the direct supervision of the Hub Human Resources Officer, the HR Analyst ensures effective delivery of HR services in the Hub, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. He/she interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, implements internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
- Working closely with the HR officer he/she ensures implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- ensuring the compliance of the internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management
- With the guidance and leadership of the HR Officer works in the development and implementation of human resources management system in relation to planning, administering and monitoring of all matters related to human resources management concerning national and international staff and other UNOPS personnel
- Manage recruitment process for international Consultants for the Hub Offices/Project Centers and projects;
- Review of incoming requests relating to recruitment, contract extensions, transfers, exchange or loan, and separation of staff, consultants, or contractors, ensuring documentation is complete and in conformity with HR policies and procedures.
- Work on the implementation of tracking tools to monitor recruitment status and other indicators for management and recruitment purposes.
- Monitoring and tracking of status of requests, initiating follow-up action to ensure selection review submission is timely accurate and contains complete documentation.
- Review of Requests for Personnel Action (RPA) forms to ensure correct budget allocation, and for separating staff, verification that no financial obligations are due to UNOPS;
- Review of consultants’ qualifications and experience and drafting of Terms of Reference; determination of daily remuneration to be paid in accordance with the established fee schedule;
- Briefing of staff and consultants regarding entry details and quick action to facilitate their taking up the assignment on a timely basis.
- Preparation of offer of appointment as well as the salary/fee computation for signature by the supervisor.
- Secure management of personnel records for all Hub Office/Project Centers and project International Staff, ensuring projects maintain same for project national personnel;
- Respond to oral and written inquires of staff regarding their conditions of service; prepares correspondence in relation to the inquiries for signature by designated Officer;
- Management/update of the staffing tables and provision of statistical summaries related to them, including arranging and keeping track of movements of UNOPS ETOH Office/Projects Centre personnel;
- Logistical support for the recruitment of international staff for the office and to Operations Clusters in the overall recruitment of project staff
- Work closely with the HR officer in establishing and implementation of a system for monitoring and tracking transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus
He/she works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, and project teams in the Hub and UNOPS HQ staff ensuring successful performance in HR management.
Research of precedents and analysis of merits of specific requests and presentation of recommendations/solutions to supervisor
Briefing and guidance to clients and partners on the application, interpretation and applicability of the UN rules and UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Briefing to staff on the conditions of service related to contracts and/or appointments/transfers
4. Work closely with the HR Officer he/she ensures efficient planning and management of the HR unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:-
- Well prepared unit work plan
- Quality output of the unit
- Performance evaluation of locally-recruited staff
- Serve as a secondary focal point for HR-related matters for the Hub
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
A. Education: First level university degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required. A Master’s degree is desired.
B. Work Experience: 2 years progressive experience in supporting a human resource management functions. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
C. Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English and the language of the duty station required. Knowledge of second UN working language is desirable.
- Contract Management (required) Human Resources –HR Administration(required)
- Benefits and Entitlements Administration (required)
- UN Staff Rules and Regulations Human Resources - Recruitment and Selection(optional)
- HR Information Services
- Information Technology - MS Office (required)
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type:Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA Specialist 8
Contract duration:One Year initially, renewable subject to performance and funding availability.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNOPS Practice Areas
- Develops substantive knowledge of one or more Practice Areas
- Promotes a learning environment in the office
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to HR management, including administration of recruitment, contracting and performance evaluation, monitoring of transactions, reporting
- Knowledge of UNOPS HR rules and procedures
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems
Leadership and Self-Management
- Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Addis Ababa | Addis Ababa
- Grade: LICA-8, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-07-05