Human Resources Assistant - Stockholm
To support the recruitment process, contribute to the induction process, provide administrative and logistical support and assist with preparation and maintenance of records and files for the HR Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organises the administrative aspects of the recruitment process such as coordination of calendars for candidates and panel members; manages invitations to tests and interviews; prepares and disseminates blinded tests; books and prepares interview venues; assists with the preparation and timely dissemination of interview materials; creates the Recruitment Analysis; assists with reference checking and assists with the update of Easycruit;
- Organises and coordinates logistical arrangements for interview-related travel including booking of flights/transport and accommodation; manages recruitment-related issues such as travel advances, travel claims and other issues for candidates and panel members;
- Contributes to the induction of Staff Members to the Institute by providing up-to-date and relevant information through “International IDEA Welcome Packs”; supports internationally recruited Staff Members (and their families) with their relocation through assisting and advising completion of paperwork, templates etc…;
- Creates the personnel file for Staff Members (paper, online and Maconomy); Ensures recruitment documentation is complete and filed;
- Assists with the preparation of recruitment and gender statistics for periodic reporting;
- Manages the HR budget in collaboration with the Head of Human Resources including processing of HR invoices and payments;
- Manages the HR section of the intranet and assists with the drafting of changes and updates to HR policies and procedures, staff information, Organisational Chart etc.;
- Assists with queries related to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Swedish Tax Office, and/or any other external governing bodies; Notes any changes or amendments to Swedish legislation or governing processes that may affect Staff Members;
- Assists with the Internship and Secondment process, promoting International IDEA as an employer of choice to Universities and/or Institutes;
- Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or work experience;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Head of Human Resources
- Has established skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities.
Operational Knowledge, skills and experience
- Integrates the results-based approach into his/her activities;
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others throughout the organisation;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management.
- No direct people management responsibility.
- Recognises and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options.
- Has an impact on the programme development and delivery through the quality of the services or information provided.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Liaises regularly with all internal and external stakeholders involved in his/her projects;
- Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in the field of Human Resources;
- High school diploma and preferably business and/or secretarial education; university background is considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organisation, considered an advantage;
- Financial and budgetary experience a significant advantage.
Terms of Contract
Local Post. Two (2) year fixed term appointment. Salary 24 728 SEK per month
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Sweden.
Deadline for applications:
Applications should be submitted no later than 16 July 2017. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Send application Print
- Organization: IDEA - International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Location: Stockholm
- Grade: Services and Support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-07-16