Procurement Assistant ( National)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager in Country Office and the daily supervision of the Operations Manager and Administrative Associate, the Procurement Assistant supports the assistance and execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. She/he also works in collaboration with programme and operations staff to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist on Implementation of procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager;
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
Assist on coordination of procurement processes for the Country Office
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
- Assist and Perform Buyer role in Atlas, prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
Assistance on Coordination of contract management processes for the Country Office
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases;
- Assistance on Developing and update the rosters of suppliers;
- Maintain filing system.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff;
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
Organize logistical services
- Process requests for visas for all UN travelers;
- Arrange hotel reservations for visiting UN/UN Women officials;
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Arrange transportation for high-level officials;
Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of procurement processes, systems, administrative rules and regulations;
- Knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good IT and web based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree School education is required;
- Specialized training in Procurement; or a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 2) is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, such as Atlas is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required