Consultancy: Programme Support - Early Childhood Development (ECD) Capacity Building
The Education Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office is seeking an individual consultant to provide support to the ECD capacity building for the ECD teachers and caregivers, government partners (Department of Local Authorization and the Department of Health), monitoring of results and ECD implementation plan to ensure the efficacy and effectiveness of the activities in the agreed work plan, provide technical inputs to the evidence-generations and ECD research within the agreed timeframes with partners.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
In support of the UNICEF Thailand ECD work plan, the consultant will undertake the following work assignments:
To perform full support for the capacity building tasks required under the work plan with the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Public Health, which will include:
- Coordinates with government officials on the capacity building for ECD teachers and caregivers on ECD behavioral competencies and the parenting programme.
- Coordinates with government officials on the Nutrition and Hygiene guidelines meeting with the government partners and follows up on the works as per the key milestones.
- Follows up and supports the finalization of the manual for ECD teachers and caregivers for capacity building on 1) ECD Behavioral competency and 2) Parenting programme.
- Follows up and coordinates with government officials on other capacity buildings for ECD professionals (health and education) as agreed with the government partners to ensure timely delivery of works as per the agreed work plan.
- Provides all support to ensure complete logistics arrangements for the capacity building schedules to be hosted or organized by the ECD partners, including production of workshop materials, respond to the requests of the government counterparts. Prepares conference/meeting/workshop venues; communication requirements (e.g. internet, phone, and e-mail), invitation to participants, make arrangements for meals, and registration.
- Performs collection and processing of ECD related data and/or capacity building activities and prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions as may be required by section.
- Takes Minutes of meeting in the ECD events and provides support to the ECD Officer as required.
- Coordinates contracting initiation for ECD individuals and institutions required by section and ensuring the deliverables against the contract.
- Ensures complete and organized filing of administrative-and program-related materials, correspondence and other official documents.
- Coordinates with common service unit in processing required administrative support in relations to ECD capacity building and communications.
To perform other communication support as may be assigned by the team, this includes but not limited to:
- Drafts the key ECD messages in the social media, blogs, or related communication tools.
- Provides support to the preparation of the RapidPro as required by the ECD officer.
- Ensures complete and organized filing of communication and ECD program-related materials, correspondence and other official documents.
Monthly progress report
Estimated Duration of Contract: 1 August – 31 December 2017 (5 months)
Official Travel: The consultant will work at UNICEF, Bangkok and travel to some provinces in Thailand.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Minimum undergraduate education with 5 years experience in programme support of which at least 3 years experience on capacity building on Education, ECD or related filed, and willingness to learn.
- Experience of working and providing ECD capacity building for ECD teachers and caregivers is preferred.
- Strong experience in providing logistical support for capacity building, travel, events and meetings.
- Fluent English and Thai communication skills.
- Decision-Making: strong problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, drives for results, ability to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes solutions, as appropriate, organized.
- Execution: Sense of urgency and responsibility, meets deadlines, flexible work style, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure, detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet search skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thai National only.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and monthly professional fee in THB by 11 July 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: International Consultant
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-07-11