Project Manager, Planning, Monitoring & Reporting - PFP Geneva (TA position) - P4 - 364 days
The Division of Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), based in Geneva, coordinates all private fundraising and engagement activities of UNICEF, including the work with National Committees and Country Offices.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope
The main role for the PMR Project Manager will be to manage the entire project life-cycle of the online Planning, Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) platform to maintain time, cost, scope and the quality of the project
How can you make a difference?
- Work closely with the PMR project board(*) and provide overall project management oversight on the process of developing the platform (PMR) with the consultancy firm
- Be a liaison person between the project board, the development firm for the PMR and the clients (Strategic Planning, Natcom Relations, Country Office Development and Support; Finance and Operations, IT, PSFR, PPSE, and Comms & Marketing)
- Ensure the consultancy firm is able to produce both quality and timely deliverables, as specified in the terms of reference for the consultancy, including ensuring that the technical and user specifications of the project are reflected in its design through to the end of December.
- Supervise, manage and coordinate the tasks assigned to the consultancy firm engaged to develop the PMR.
- Together with the consultancy firm, lead the design sessions for prototyping of the user interface and process flow in order to refine and validate the requirements and demonstrate values;
- Coordinate with the Project Board to develop system models, specifications, design and functional documents to provide direction and reference to the technical team (developer, system architect, database administrator etc.);
- Support the coordination of activities related to the actual development of the solution and in managing the developers
- Develop evaluation criteria and plans for Quality Assurance and User Acceptance;
- Coordinate the development of training materials and propose innovative onboarding & effective approach for end user training;
- Propose governance and support models that define roles and responsibilities, administrator tasks, change management processes, and resources;
- Identify, together with the project board, the next steps post phase one roll-out for continuous enhancements and system maintenance;
- Manage, anticipate, and escalate project related risks and issues.
- Manage daily operational issues of the project
- Organize and coordinate meetings of the PMR board as necessary and as required
- Organize and coordinate meetings between the developers and the clients
- Document and follow up on decisions and critical action points on the project
- Manage continuous enhancements of the PMR, integration and systems user support with the developers (during the development stage) and beyond the development phase of the project until closure of the project
- Assist in providing hypercare support (post rollout) and third level operational support;
- Ensure continuous training, enhancement and rollout processes until official closure of the PMR project
(*) The Project Board at PFP includes the following sections: Strategic Planning M&E team; Finance and Operations (including ICTD and Budget); National Committee Relations; Country Office Development and Support; Private Sector Fundraising; Private Sector Engagement; and Communication and Marketing.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have:
- •An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in in Computer science, Information technology or equivalent. A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Industry certification on Project Management i.e. PMP, PRINCE2 will be an asset.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in system development and project management at international level.
- Proven experience managing system and platform development lifecycle and IT Project Management, preferably with UN agencies and UNICEF specifically.
- Experience and knowledge of Results Based Management/Planning, Monitoring and Reporting processes preferred.
- Proficient in using Sharepoint Designer, Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server; Jira or any other tools to plan, track, and release software items.
- Completed a full project lifecycle of managing and implementing complex Sharepoint Provider Hosted Add-ins preferred.
- Experience in Office 365 identity and Azure active Directory Management and user authentication process.
- Experience in modern UI/UX design and development framework.
- Solid understanding of application and data integration services in cloud and on-premises hybrid infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of MS SQL and related services (replication, analysis, reporting etc.) is a plus.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Verbal and written Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. Functional competencies required: Leading and Supervising, Level 1, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Level 2, Analyzing, Level 2, Applying Technical Expertise, Level 3, Planning and Organizing, Level 2. To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Communication and Public Information
- Public Policy and Administration
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-07-07
Jerusalem | Gaza (Israel)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)